the dead include the living in their own great collective

open

The housing in the town is made up of simple two-story houses, most of these of built in the style of 70s and 80s American suburbs despite being far removed from such a setting. Many of the houses have similar layouts with some divergence: most feature a bottom floor consisting of a kitchen, dining room and living room, a second floor with a master and secondary bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. A few of the houses have garages, but the vehicles they contained are either gone or have been rendered inoperable.

Thread Limit: 2
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

No sooner had Molly commented on a sound - on crying, according to her - than an apparent source made itself known. Jacob looked around for this sudden new interloper, announcing to him Molly's apparent crimes. The voice was familiar, but he didn't see any sign of anyone nearby. Whoever it was, they clearly didn't want to be recognized as they gave their little warning.

"... huh."

He turned his attention back to Molly. So she had gotten up to some murdery stuff, as he'd suspected. Not that it was that much of a problem, given who he'd been chatting it up with not so long ago. As long as she didn't intend to turn the same shit onto him.

"Well, long as your chill," he said, smiling just a little. "I'm not bothered. You're not the first murderer I've buddied up with."

He opened the bag in front of him and began digging around.

"As for Salem..."

Jacob pulled the submachine gun from his bag, clutching it to his chest with both arms.

"I think I'm good."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Oh, that wasn’t just a voice. Fucking Leslie.

“Seriously?” she whispered under her breath, spreading her hands in a ‘what the hell’ gesture in the vague direction of the shouting, the brief indignation shifting into an even briefer ‘I GUESS’ before the fear swamped both.

But Jacob didn’t seem to mind. Which was… weird. Mônica wondered if the whole island wasn’t just numb to all this now. At this point, she wasn’t even the only person who’d… done that.

But if Leslie was there, it meant Aracelis was too. And the fear that jolted through her stomach… Mônica could pretend it was just normal ‘she might kill me’ nerves, but--

She would have bolted on the spot if Jacob hadn’t decided to show that he was packing heat. Mônica only knew guns through video games, so she couldn’t name it, but it looked like some serious firepower. And Salem would be carting a whole armoury by now…

Fuck it.

“We have to go,” Mônica said, her voice low. “WegottagowegottagoI’llexplainlater.” She reached her arms out, though she was careful to move slow and make it clear that she wasn’t lunging for the gun. “I can help you scoot. We go right now, I’ll help you with Salem, but we gotta go.”

Danger aside, she couldn’t look at Aracelis. She just couldn’t.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"O-oh, okay."

Molly was panicked by the new arrival. Given that they'd made sure Jacob knew the gritty details of her murder, maybe it was someone hunting her down. Maybe he shouldn't get involved, but...

"Yeah, uh... I'd appreciate the help."

She'd committed herself to hunting down Salem. Perhaps just to get him to agree to leave with her, but still. An ally, any ally, would greatly increase his shot at taking the bastard down. And besides, it felt... better, traveling with someone. Even someone he didn't really know. Maybe it was naive to trust her, but anything was better than hoofing it out here all alone.

He dropped his gun into his bag and closed it, slinging it back over his shoulder. He gingerly rose to his feet, wincing as his leg whined again at having weight put on it.

"Mmm... after you."

((Jacob Winters continued in GAME OVER--))
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Good. Goodgoodgood,” Mônica said hurriedly before clapping her hands. “No time for chivalry, we’ll move faster together.”

She moved forward, grasped Jacob’s arm and slung it over her shoulders. Sword in one hand, Jacob in the other, she half-dragged him away from where Leslie’s shouting had come from.

Having to carry her new ally probably didn’t speak well for how this would go… but at least she wasn’t alone. For the moment.

((Mônica Oliveira continued in GAME OVER--.)
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Aracelis stood there, rubbing the tears out of her eyes and sniffing, waiting for the reaction.

But as she waited her face grew concerned, there wasn't a strong reaction from Jacob. It threw her off. Did he not care?

Molly had killed her own brother, Molly had been trying to kill her at the time as well. But he had just accepted it.

As Aracelis turned the reaction over in head her expression warped and twisted, going from a melancholic smile to disgust then rage.

Why did he not care?

He had just shrugged it off. Aracelis had wanted him to disavow Molly on the spot, to point a gun at her and tell her to get away from him. She'd wanted her to become a pariah, to be an outcast even among those of them who were left.

It wasn't fair.

Bethany and Shawn had hunted her across the island and tried to kill her for what she had done to Prezmek and she hadn't even killed him. They would have succeeded if it hadn't been for Leslie. Before that Ashlyn and Juanita had tried to kill her, and then when she felt the safest, when she had been with the boy she loved his sister had snuck into the room and tried to murder her and she was being allowed to get away with it!

Lucio had asked them both prior to death to promise not to keep fighting and Aracelis had been good. She'd committed to his promise in the immediate aftermath, partly because she had been too busy grieving to find the will to fight. But there in that moment, leaning against the wall fists clenched and her whole body shaking with anger Aracelis knew she wouldn't be able to keep the promise.

"No," She whispered to herself, hands clenching and unclenching.

"No, she doesn't get to get away with it!" Aracelis shrieked as she grabbed her bat in an iron grip. Her feet stomped holes in the snow as she stormed out from behind the house. As she strode past Leslie she lashed out and kicked a hole through the rotten picket fence. She strode into the middle of the street and looked around finding Molly and Jacob receding into the distance.

She wouldn't get away with it, Aracelis wasn't going to allow it.

((Aracelis Fuentes continued elsewhere...))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"I guess I didn't take into account if someone has a death wish. I mean, you'd think that would warrant at least one follow up question," Leslie mumbled, since it seemed Jacob would be willing to tongue kiss Ted Bundy or Jezzie if they agreed to help him go find Salem.

With the quickness, Molly hurried Jacob away and it was pretty easy to imagine why. Even if he was brain dead, she didn't seem to be and didn't want to hang around for Leslie to shout more information or, worse yet, Aracelis herself to show up. So as the two turned tail, Leslie didn't notice Aracelis stalking out from behind.

And she was implacable.

"Uh...." he said as she walked forward.

"Uh!" as she started walking faster.

((Leslie Romero followed her elsewhere))

Return to “Housing”