Contest 85: OH NO

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
dmboogie

Contest 85: OH NO

Post by dmboogie »

hello everyone thank you for your votes and your points, as a reward i have a very stupid theme for you

your theme is
"OH NO"
let this phrase inspire you to submit a song.
[+] you know them you love them its the rules babey
- submit your song via PM or discord, whichever's easier for you

- songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

- listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.

- if your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points.

- the top [x] songs will move on to the final. that number depends on the number of contestants.

- repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

- winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.

general song rules:
- no eurovision songs
- no reality show/competition covers
- no songs already submitted in a songtest
- there is no penalty for length in this contest. however, if a song goes over 7 minutes, listeners aren't obligated to listen to more than the first 7 minutes of the song. so choose a long song at your own risk!

each semifinal and the final will last for three days. some rules about activity/extensions:
- if you know at the start of your semifinal that you wont be available to vote for those three days, let me know asap and I can move you to another semi, if we aren't on the final one already.
- I'll be posting every 24 hours in this topic as a reminder, as well as pinging everyone who hasn't voted on discord 24 hours before the round ends.
- extensions will only be granted in extenuating circumstances. forgetting to vote until an hour before deadline is not an extenuating circumstance.
its my friday night so lets say submissions are due uhhhhhhh wednesday 6/30/21 3:00 PM EST send them through the board or discord pm its all good

list of entrants i am going to forget to update:
1. me
2. ohm
3. paige
4. fenfen
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

OH NO
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Can't wait for somebody to submit that 'oh no' song that always shows up on Tiktok. Or 'Oh no you didn't'.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

hi everyone this closing is late and im sleepy so no funny gifs or writeups sorry just the facts

DQ - My War, submitted by Zetsu! It got 44 points, including a 10 and an 8.

13th - Lips of an Angel, submitted by Paige (shockingly)! It got 21 points including one 8.

12th - Just a Friend, submitted by LordofAwesome! It got 23 points, including one 12.

11th - Seven Nation Army, submitted by Laurels! It got 40 points, including two 10's and an 8!

10th - Alone Infection, submitted by Ricky! It got 43 points, including one 10.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

the hits don't stop coming

9th - Yonkers, submitted by Pancapples! It got 43 points, including one 12.

8th - Mr Monokuma's Extracurricular Lesson, submitted by Skraal! It got 44 points, including one 12.

7th - Maxine, submitted by Fenris! It got 50 points, including one 8!

6th - Heybb! submitted by Rugga! It got 54 points, including a 12 and two 8's.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

5th - The Man in the Hat, submitted by Slam! It got 64 points, including two 12's.

4th - Skeleton Inside! submitted by Toben! It got 64 points, including a 12, a 10, and an 8.

3rd - oh no!! submitted by Ohm! It got 69 points, including two 12's and a 10!

THAT MEANS THE FINAL TWO ARE

SEAMSTRESS

VS.

STRESS
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

THE WINNER IS

STRESS SUBMITTED BY PIP THE SONG GOT 100 POINTS INCLUDING TWO 12'S FIVE 10'S AND TWO 8'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

second place was seamstress submitted by me it got 95 points including two 12's two 10's and four 8's

thanks for coming everyone! great songtest thanks for indulging my dumb theme it was fun
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Return to “Song Contests”