WALK THROUGH THE DOORS AND I’M GOOD

WISH THEY UNDERSTOOD (Day 8, open)

The church sits atop a small hill in the town and gives a good view over the handful of streets that make up the place. The church itself is a classical wooden construction with a high steeple and ladder up to its bell, although the whole structure has shifted and leans to its right as a result of the ground beneath it shifting. The inside of the church has a carpeted aisle that runs between the rows of pews. At the front of the church is a pulpit and altar that have been arranged as if a service was intended before being abandoned. Behind this scene is the door to the sacristy, which contains some moth-eaten vestments, a wash basin, two wardrobes—one of which has been pushed onto its side, revealing a trapdoor—and a worktop with candlestick holders and incense burners along with some other Catholic paraphernalia.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Adam wrinkled his nose when he glanced towards the bodies. Truly a fate that no one deserved but this island was their world now. One of its kind, hopefully, where a different set of rules set the tone and Adam knew he didn’t want to end up like them with his head on Fitz’s stake.

Or Dawn’s, or David’s. He had seen Dawn around and she seemed nice enough. He was more familiar with Survivor enthusiast and fellow runner David, though wouldn’t count him as a close friend.

“This calls for a sword fight, obviously. What happened, happened. No guns allowed.”

Adam raised his own slightly with a light swing, one indicating playfulness rather than a threat. Though, he was ready to switch that up if necessary. While it may not be a classic sword, it still counted. Fuck, he realized he had to be careful with the swinging because his balance was suffering.

“Fitz is on an important mission but you be the judge,” he added.
[+] come and vibe with my bunch
[+] V7
ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics
last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
[+] V8
Adam Lader (adopted from RetroVenus)
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Well… wouldn’t say I’m fine. I did kill people with intent and all. But yeah… that’s about right. And I’m not looking to add to the number, and I’ve behaved for, um… five days?”

Fitz took a quick step away from Adam when he flailed the sword playfully about, though managed to stop himself from lifting the rifle in response.

“Don’t need a gun. Or to get shot, so no need to be using any guns, okay? Or swordfighting.” Fitz glanced over the three in the room, eyes shifting to any weapons onhand. “It’s not a murder thing. I found Alex’s body and I want to chop its head off, that’s all. Though I still need a pike or a sharp stick or something, too.” Fitz patted his jacket, touching both the candleholder he’d stuck in there and the squirrel puppet sticking out of one pocket, until he felt the edge of the smoke grenade that still sat in one of them. “I’d be willing to swap a smoke grenade for a sword.”

He paused momentarily, his eyes shifting back to where Adam had tried to cover his laminated notes. But only momentarily, before he addressed his next words in Dawn and David’s direction again, without looking at Adam.

“Same deal for fifteen minutes with any laminated notes that juuust might be handy. Should anyone happen to have some. Though I only have the one grenade. Aside from that, I’ve got food, seven days worth of notes, a candleholder, and some plastic and pebbles. I can’t trade away Mister Fluffernutter. He knows too much.”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

I found Alex’s body and I want to chop its head off, that’s all.

The sentence echoed in Dawn's head for a few seconds before she stepped forward, slapped Fitz across the face and shook him by the shoulders while ranting at the boy.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH WITH THIS APART FROM MAKING EVERYONE THINK YOU HAVE SNAPPED?!? HOW DO YOU THINK ALEX'S FAMILY WILL REACT WHEN THEY SEE THIS?!? HOW DO YOU THINK YOUR FAMILY WILL REACT?!? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TRAUMATIZE EVERYONE EVEN MORE JUST OUT OF SPITE?!?"

After spitting half a liter in Fitz's face, Dawn turned around and went for door, dragging David along, who was too surprised to put up any resistance.

"We are leaving!"

At least that would have been her reaction about one week ago.

((Dawn Montogomery continued in reality))

"It's David's weapon, so the choice is with him," she nodded to her companion.

"And we are mostly fine with supplies except for medical stuff. You don't happen to have a spare first aid kit?"

Looking at Fitz after hearing his outrageous plan was hard, so she alternated between him and Adam.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Cut off a guy's head? For what? Analysis? David found himself swallowing hard at that. Jesus Christ, what has the class come to? Of course, the answer was obvious - David was just actively trying to deny what was right in front of him by doing the mental equivalent of closing his eyes and saying "I didn't see it happen."

He just looked at FItz and said "Sure, but ... only to do the deed." He was about to state that he himself would do it, but he didn't think he would go through with cutting off the head of a decomposing corpse. "Then you give it right back."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Oh shit.

So Fitz had noticed. Adam's notes that weren't notes but a cheat sheet in a way. He should have known he wouldn't get away with it once Fitz had seen that the paper was laminated. There was something funny about the casualness in his voice about wanting to chop someone's head off and that was all he could think about for a moment when he stopped flailing around his sword. Adam stared at David's.

"I wouldn't mind comparing notes, if you insist." After all, Fitz's might hold interesting information he wasn't aware of. "Other than that I've got nothing worth taking except for my life."

"...Are you sure you want to keep that though?" He pointed at the puppet that looked awfully familiar.
[+] V7
[+] V8
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Fitz hummed under his breath, rocking back and forth as he considered David’s offer. “I can’t really promise to return it. The body’s kind of a walk, and who knows who’s lurking out there, you know? We’re getting down to the wire, so I give it a 50% chance that I get shot on the way over there.”

He looked at Dawn, who was quite clearly looking anywhere but him, then shrugged.

“You can say it’s gross. Ah, but help yourself to first aid or food or whatever, though. I haven’t gotten injured yet and Karin only needed food, so I’m pretty flush with supplies. Don’t touch my ammo, though, probably wouldn’t fit in your gun anyway.”

Fitz opened his bag, retrieving his weapon manual and leaving it open, but giving it a strong nudge with his foot towards Dawn and David.

“Priorities have shifted, though. Info’s more valuable than swords.” He faintly smiled in Adam’s direction. “Thanks, I didn’t want to have to rob you. Rather keep things cool. But yeah, I… I mean, why wouldn’t I? Mister Fluffernutter’s not secretly explosive, is he?”

Fitz quickly bounded over to where Adam had tucked his list, lifting his jacket. He exhaled upon confirming the suspected contents.

“You lucky fucker,” he said under his breath before his eyes landed on Mildred’s name and slid to her assigned weapon. “Nope, Mister—sorry, Armand’s just a puppet. Armand Nutter? Really?”

Fitz crouched down and opened his manual, turning to the last page, showing a glimpse of of his notes to Tenshi what ASL and hand signals should be used, accompanied by some notes that had been rubbed into illegibility. Fitz flicked over that page and opened up the one that had his list of announcement notes.

Kitty – knife – IIIII – BKA - II
Janice – knife – II
Prz - ledge
B. Quinn – blunt - BKA

Jacob L – knife
Jess R – gun - II
Aracelis – bat
Jezz S – knife - IIII
Shu – barb wire
Dragon - ? - III - blade
Joshua? - choke – BKA – III- gun
Alex – spear - II
Letitia – gun
Demarcus – gun
Juanita – sharp/glass? - II – gun - II
Meena – gun
Colm – furniture
Karin – gun – II – hammer (lost her gun?)
Lillian – whip sword strangle - BKA
Jack K – gun
Matthew - ? - II gun
Rebekah Bethany knife? gun?
Salem - gun - BKA – II BKAx2 - I
Dononvm
Crystal – gun
SNOWMOBILE?
Chiara – gun
Derek – sword
Daniel – push/shotgun

Julia – ? - BKA
Evie - gun
Karen – gun
Kai - choke
Molly – sharp

He nodded his head towards the list, keeping the page lifted while he made some notes on another page in the book. On the nearest empty page, he labelled the left and right borders, and the space down the bottom below some of the instructions. The three categories were labelled ‘Guns,’ ‘Sharps’ and ‘Things.’

He started to make notes as quick as possible, before Adam changed his mind. Skipping over many names, misspelling most names he did note in the process, muttering under his breath.

“No, no, no, yes, no, don’t know what that is—”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
[+] V9

DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

As Dawn looked at Fitz taking notes, she couldn't help but feel reminded of the last time they met.

And everything that happened before and between.

Suddenly she felt sick to her stomach.

"Hey," she spoke quietly to David. "Mind if we go? I think we still have enough food for the moment."

Her tone failed to be casual and her eyes were pleading.

((Dawn Montogomery continued in i cannot just forget our simple moments and wonderful memories of life))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Seriously? The corpse wasn't even there? They were going to have to walk somewhere else for Fitz to chop off someone's head for ... reasons.

It was, as such, quite convenient that Dawn asked to leave with the voice of someone who was definitely not comfortable to be there. There had to be some way to get them out of there without getting the other two pissed off.

"Uh, yeah. There should be a tree outside that we can use to, well ..." He looked at Fitz and Adam.

"Sorry. Bathroom's calling." He looked at Dawn again, giving what he hoped was a subtle nod. "I'll keep watch, if that's okay with you."

((David Worth continued in i cannot just forget our simple moments and wonderful memories of life))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Breaking order to avoid inactivity.))

“Hey! Take the medkit, at least!” Fitz called out as the other two made a swift exit, citing convenient bathroom concerns. He sighed, shrugged and looked back down at the list, scrawling as quick as possible.

He skipped over anything that he didn’t know for sure was a sword. Some of the people noted were dead, and had been for a long time. Almost everything in the ‘Things’ column (which ended up being the longest) was shortened, as were many of the names.

Of the items in the ‘things’ column, he wrote one down very carefully: ‘Ashlyn – Collar radar.’

Fitz removed the smoke grenade from his pocket and put it on top of Adam’s list once they were both done looking at each other’s notes before getting up, tucking his charcoal list back into his pocket and grabbing his supplies.

“That’s non-lethal, just pull the… uh, thing at the top, I think. Purple smoke, matches your hair.” Fitz gestured at the grenade, then at the door. “I’m going to see if I can catch up and get them to take the medkit. ...Not like they’re infected or anything. Be right back.”

When he got out there, the other two had already made themselves scarce.

He stood outside for a few moments, considering the situation. He looked back at the church for a moment, taking a step back towards it, then he shrugged and turned away.

((Russell ‘Fitz’ Fitzroy continued in Late To Being Doomed To Repeat It.))
[+] V8

[+] V9

Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"TELL THEM TO TELL ELLIS THAT I'M LOOKING FOR HIM."

Adam called to Fitz after everyone had seemed to have had enough of the sermon. Maybe his voice was loud enough to reach Dawn and David. Adam had been more fascinated by Fitz's note-taking and the scribble of a dick in one column. But yeah, that puppet? He knew it was Ellis'. His name hadn't come up anywhere even once these past few days.

And the shadows in here? They had fucked off and it felt like a sign. Whatever information Fitz's notes provided was all jumbled up in Adam's mind, nothing new, but amid the uncertainty, the presence of those familiar names provided a hint of comfort. He appreciated the smoke grenade though and looked down at it as if it was his last hope before putting it in his pocket.

None of them came back and it didn't surprise him.

Adam followed, wondering if the smoke's hue really matched his hair.

((Adam Lader continued in SLEEPING ON A BED OF THORNS))
[+] V7
[+] V8

Return to “The Church”