Introduction Thread

Discuss anything and everything not pertaining to Survival of the Fittest here! Here is the place to introduce yourself, celebrate members' birthdays, discuss media, and generally hang out and have a good time. Also found here is the Fun and Games section, visible only to those who have registered.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

OGSwoosh wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 am Hello everyone! Just wanted to swing by and say hey. I'm Swoosh, I had a bunch of characters in V1 when it started waaay back in... 2005? 2006? Anyway, I was 14 years old then (making me *cough cough* years old now). I'd completely forgotten about this site and the characters I'd made until recently, and it was a huge huge shock to not only see all the posts etc still available to read, but that people had done art! (The Elise art looks exactly like I did when I was 14! Very impressed!)

Anyway, it was a lovely surprise to see this forum is still going strong, and I hope you all have fun here :D

Swoosh x
:D we do have fun! And thanks about the art- You were definately one of the better appearance writers back in the day and I had fun drawing you/her

Welcome back, swoosh! We're glad to have you, whether you're staying or not. Everything's changed so much- discord, phpbb, generally the fact that it's been like 16 years...
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hey, Swoosh! We still have a few handlers here who started from around the same time period floating around so it's always cool to see returning folks.

We concluded v7 and are in the planning stages for v8 if you're ever considering participating again. We also have a Discord server where we stay pretty social in if you ever wanna swing by there and chat; the link is on the front index page.

The people with purple usernames are the staff around here, so if you have any questions and such feel free to ask them. Other than that, welcome to the boards and thanks for stopping by!
Vic Volta

Post by Vic Volta »

Hi. Call me Vic. A friend of mine referred me here when they learned I write. I'm not so good at talking with new people, but it's not so bad over the internet.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Vic Volta wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 pm Hi. Call me Vic. A friend of mine referred me here when they learned I write. I'm not so good at talking with new people, but it's not so bad over the internet.
Hey, Vic! Welcome to the boards! We're in the planning stages for v8 pregame if you wanna take a look what what everyone has cooking or have concepts already in mind you wanna share. We also have a Discord server that's fairly active if you ever wanna stop by and hang out.

Otherwise, if you have any questions the staff members are the ones with purple names so don't be afraid to poke them for anything.
bailey

Post by bailey »

hello hello i am new i am bailey this place seems cool, i checked out the discord! i came from tvtropes, like many others before me
backslash

Post by backslash »

bailey wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:46 pm hello hello i am new i am bailey this place seems cool, i checked out the discord! i came from tvtropes, like many others before me
Welcome! Since you're already in the Discord server, you've probably figured out that those of us with purple usernames are the staff team, but feel free to ask us if you have any questions. We're currently in the plotting and planning stage for the Version 8 pregame that's going to open soon, so you can check out the planning forum for that if you want to see what other people are up to there, or just browse the board and the wiki to look at our past versions.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

I forgot to post here earlier so this introduction is highly delayed.

I think lots of you probably know me from the discord or from my thread but I do writing stuff.

I joined from the TVTropes page after my second time randomly stumbling upon it.

You are all cool.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

RiceKrisp

Post by RiceKrisp »

Hello, I'm Kris(That's not my real name; I'm specifying because it's a fairly realistic name)! I'm not in the discord, but I tend to do most of roleplaying on discord, though I started out with the forums back in 2017. But anyways, it's nice to be here- I came from the TVTropes page.
V8 - the roleplay, not the juice.

Only ended up with her lol:
Willa 'Wil' Kurt
Current Status - Alive
Pregame: 1 - 1.5(tech thread)
backslash

Post by backslash »

RiceKrisp wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 am Hello, I'm Kris(That's not my real name; I'm specifying because it's a fairly realistic name)! I'm not in the discord, but I tend to do most of roleplaying on discord, though I started out with the forums back in 2017. But anyways, it's nice to be here- I came from the TVTropes page.
Hello and welcome! You've joined at a really good time, since character registration for the new pregame just opened! Feel free to look around and read about the pregame location and browse some of the characters that have been approved here. Also check out the site's Discord server if you like. Those of us with purple usernames are the staff team, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Yayakuza

Post by Yayakuza »

Y'ello. I'm Yaya. Fake name, but i use it for everything. Came here from Tvtropes like quite a few others.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Yayakuza wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:27 pm Y'ello. I'm Yaya. Fake name, but i use it for everything. Came here from Tvtropes like quite a few others.
Welcome to SOTF, Yaya! Nice to have you here.

You have also come to a good time. Applications for the pregame of V8 are open. Some comments above us have a few interesting links. Otherwise I recommend reading the rules if you have any questions.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Hey, welcome! As has already been said, V8 pregame is JUST starting so this is a great time to be joining. If you haven't yet, check out the rules forum and feel free to hop into our Discord where you can probably get any questions answered faster.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
CMRN

Post by CMRN »

Yo, I'm Cameron. I'm fairly new to RP and creative writing (outside of a school context) in general but I'm probably gonna get involved anyway. Hope it goes smoothly!
[+] V8
Donatello Fisher
Ramona Rodriguez
TBD
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

CMRN wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:28 am Yo, I'm Cameron. I'm fairly new to RP and creative writing (outside of a school context) in general but I'm probably gonna get involved anyway. Hope it goes smoothly!
Welcome. Down the hall you'll find the gallery. It contains copious words, blood, death, tears, and most importantly, modern art. We hope you enjoy your stay.
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

You know, I just realized I was about to post a character app and then wammo I was like "Wait I never did like an introduction, oh god"

Tis is I, CardboardAirplane, some say Card, most say Cardboard, I haven't heard anyone say Airplane and I never wanna hear that because that just feels weird
Been roleplaying for a while now and when I saw this on you guessed it, TV Tropes I was like "Yeah let's try it, I got no reason not to"

Been doing rp on Discord for a while but this is the first time I'm doing so on a forum. Should be fine though, Discords like, trying to turn more into forums anyway
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread

Return to “General Discussion”