taking art requests

Drawing your (and your friends') kids! Exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

How does one art so good and improve so quickly

You do facial features (and face shape) REALLY uniquely without having to do full on shading on cheeks and nose and all that which is realiy fricking impressive dude

Also as someone who drew Marion can I just say that you did a really good job on her headscarf/hijab, like damn it actually looks like she tied it down the middle and it looks really real
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Namira

Post by Namira »

I mentioned in chat but I'm really loving seeing your work.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Hello! I love your art very much, would you be able to draw my garbage child Laura Hakštok?
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

They look so nice!

I really dig the way you made Ashanti's braids—they look nice and like she puts a lot of time into getting them right. I also like the subtle little points of shading you do on her face and especially her neck; it's little but it does a lot to give her life and depth.

Your rendition of Nia does such a nice job of capturing Nia's sort of quiet difference; her hair (especially her bangs) actually looks a little formal and askance in this way that suits her so well. And I really appreciate that you went for the more subtle style with her scar, playing it down but still making it evident.

Jackson's a great blend of teen-ness but also hardness around the edges, and seeing him here makes me miss him all the more. I like how you made his eyebrows kinda bushy, which pairs with the edges of his hair and the scruff on his chin to give him this kind of messy tone.

Katelynne is great too! She looks mostly normal but with that faint edge of staring straight into your soul as she gets closer to tell you about the furbies. Again, a lot of the subtle details here do work; I like the soft, almost pastel coloration you use for her top and the way the floral pattern blends so subtly into it.

I know it's been said, but you did an awesome job with the folds and way her headscarf sits on her. You pay really good attention to the suggestion of light, and it makes your work look very natural, which is really cool.

The profile shot for Abe is so good, and fitting for him too, since he's kind of closed off in a lot of ways. It also shows some really good range in your skill; I'm impressed by how easily you take a whole other point of view and make it look so nice. And you've done some more good work with the placing your lines just so to convey his sideburns and facial hair.

I love how much detail and care you put into the wild chaos that is Erika's hair. I'm especially impressed by how you conveyed a fairly grounded, earthy feel despite the bright rainbow of her adornments. I also think it's cool how you picked up on her braids and echoed them in her shirt; it really ties her look together in a neat way, makes it all cohesive.

Marco's also wonderful and it's super cool to see him brought to life in art. It's great how you gave him a sort of quieter yet intense look; you can tell he's thinking about something. I'm also constantly impressed by how you manage little details like his nose; just a few lines conveys so much shape and presence.

You rock a ton for making these and donating your considerable talent!

Also, while I'm here, if it's okay I'd like to throw in a quick request for one of my upcoming V8 kids, Gale:
[+] Gale Bailey
Gale stands at 5'6" and weighs roughly 130 pounds, leaving her somewhat slender. Her weight is fairly evenly distributed between limbs her limbs and body, giving her a generally rectangular body type. Gale has a round face and wide green eyes; her shoulder-length hair is platinum blonde and straight, and she usually wears it loose, parted neatly in the middle. Gale has small ears that lie close to her head, pierced once apiece in the lobe, and a straight nose of average size. She has a fairly small mouth, and straight white teeth which she takes good care of. She keeps her makeup minimal, eschewing it entirely on some days and generally sticking to light lip gloss and a bit of eyeshadow. She keeps her eyebrows neat and thin. Gale is Caucasian, with a pale complexion; her skin is generally clear and on those rare occasions she suffers from acne she tends to try to mask it with concealer. Gale is fairly nearsighted, and wears glasses with thin oval lenses.

Gale's fashion sense is fairly restrained in most ways, but also generally varied. She favors t-shirts for most outfits, usually either in plain colors or with meaningless patterns, though if it's colder or she's feeling more formal she'll don a button-down shirt or blouse. Depending on weather, she'll sometimes add a hoodie or a rain jacket to her ensemble. Gale does not particularly favor skirts or pants, and switches as her mood of the day dictates. She tends towards knee-length skirts or skinny jeans when it's normal or cool, and shorter skirts or shorts when it's warmer out. On particularly formal occasions, Gale will sometimes break out a dress. She wears sneakers whenever possible, only ditching them when they're totally unfitting for her outfit or the formality of an event. On the day of the abduction, Gale was wearing a loose white skirt that came to a bit above her knees, white sneakers, high black socks, a black t-shirt, and a black hoodie with a handwarmer. She paired this with small gold stud earrings and her glasses.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Declyn and Faith
Spoiler!
ImageImage
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Joanne and Michael! jpg ruins everytjing :(
Spoiler!
Image Image
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Your art is wonderful! So I'm going to request a bunch. :P

I'm going to go more mini-focused here but I'd like to request the final four of PV3.

The uniform can be detailed here.

The kids:
[+] Virgil Raeburn
Virgil is 5'8” and weighPos 120 pounds. He is underweight with a skinny, angular body. Virgil is Caucasian with pale skin. He has a heart-shaped face with a pointed nose and a small mouth. He has large, pale blue eyes, and he has thin eyebrows. Virgil's black hair falls down to his mid-neck; he neglects to adequately maintain it, so it has a greasy and unkempt appearance. Virgil rarely shaves, but his facial hair remains at a wispy stubble.

Virgil doesn't put much effort into how he dresses himself. His clothes are generally plain, ill-fitting, and poorly maintained. In school, he wears the standard uniform. He has, on occasion, gotten warnings for coming into school with parts of his uniform unclean or damaged. On the day of the abduction, Virgil's uniform was in good condition, if a bit wrinkled.

Virgil tends to slouch, making him appear smaller than he is. He moves quietly and speaks softly, so he generally blends into the background. His default facial expression looks dazed or vacant to most, but that assessment contrasts with how he seems to always be paying close attention to his surroundings, his eyes constantly darting between the people and points of interest around him.
[+] Galahad Matthews
Galahad has an incredibly average build, with a height of 5’7” and a weight of 150lbs. Despite spending several years playing hockey and football, he has very little in the way of muscle gain to show from this, his legs constantly on the verge of looking toned but never quite reaching that point. Galahad has fairly small hands, large blue eyes and struggles to grow much more facial hair than very light blonde fuzz on his chin, all of which combined makes him look even younger than he truly is.

Galahad is Caucasian, with a very light tan thanks to his sporting activities. He has sandy-blonde hair that he keeps at a medium length, reaching midway down his neck at the back. It is fluffy and messy, as Galahad generally doesn’t bother to comb or brush it, and is often described as a ‘constant bedhead’. He has a rather small mouth, often formed into a nervous smile, and thin eyebrows above his aforementioned large blue eyes. Galahad struggles with acne, but to his relief, it mostly forms only on his upper back and shoulders.

Galahad dresses casually and comfortably, favouring hoodies, t-shirts and jeans when he’s out and about, whilst switching to sweatpants when he’s lounging around at home. His favoured outfit is a sky blue zip up hoody, with a dark purple t-shirt featuring the words “What, you egg!” written in white, along with dark blue jeans and dark red Converse. He’s also recently taken to wearing a pair of old aviator goggles that he found in a local second-hand store, simply because he thinks they look cool.

When Galahad was abducted, he was wearing his full school uniform, including blazer and tie, and slacks as per his personal preference. His one piece of attire that did not fall under the school’s dress code was his aviator goggles, which he had hanging around his neck.
[+] Fisher Darden
Fisher checks in at 5'9", 165 lbs, and while he isn't a slight individual, he's definitely pretty average in terms of his stature. What he lacks in height, he makes up for with his body mass, as he carries around about 4-5% more body fat than he probably should - the result of being a heavy kid growing up and only shucking most of his weight recently. He has fairly pronounced cheekbones and a prominent chin - most of his features are fairly sharp.

His hair is a light brownish colour, and it tends to stick out beneath his cap in an unruly manner. Fisher usually gets it cut short - the barbers usually cut the top two or three inches and keep the rest shortly trimmed, but he will often go a month or two between haircuts so that it tends to stick up all over the place whenever he takes off his hat. He'll occasionally gel it when going out on special occasions, but doesn't usually put a whole lot of effort in.

That description would probably apply to the rest of Fisher's outlook on fashion and dress. While he's always clean and takes care to ensure that he smells good and has good-looking teeth (brushing twice a day is key!), he's absolutely a comfort-first type of guy, and is almost always found in jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoody. He has what seem to be a thousand different t-shirts, and six different colours of hoodies, so he can just grab one and alternate through. Again, he'll rarely be found in a collared shirt or sometimes in a sports jersey, but this doesn't happen very often.

The ensemble that is Fisher Darden is rounded out by his blue eyes. They aren't piercing, they aren't electric, but instead are a pretty standard shade of dark blue. What you do notice about his eyes is that they betray a mind that's always working. Simply by looking at him and meeting his gaze, one can tell that Fisher is, like his facial features, sharp.

Overall, Fisher considers himself to be a pretty good-looking guy - definitely not ugly, but also not the kind of guy that girls throw themselves at for his looks. He seems himself falling into the middle of the pack, and his self-assessment is pretty well spot-on.

The day of the abduction, Fisher was wearing his school uniform.
[+] Pippa Andolini
Pippa stands at about 5’6” and weighs 128 pounds. She’s a slim girl with pale white skin free of blemishes and acne scars. Pippa takes good care of her health, particularly her skin, so she has no eye bags and minimal freckles around the bridge of her nose. She has black hair that is kept a straight, clean, and in a long bob that ends just slightly past the shoulders. Her eyes are small and brown, her nose is small, and her lips are a pale red color. She has a slender frame, with bony shoulders and little bust.

Pippa takes great care of her appearance. She wears the traditional school uniform with little accessories. She usually wears different colored headbands to keep her hair out of her face. She doesn’t wear a lot of makeup, usually some foundation, a little mascara, and some lipstick. She keeps her fingernails trimmed French tipped. Outside of school, she prefers to dress conservatively, wearing knit sweaters and long skirts in colder weather and blouses and knee-length skirts in warmer weather. She prefers modest clothing with minimal colors and prints. The one accessory she likes to wear is an old locket that belonged to her great-grandmother and contains a picture of her great-grandparents in it.

On the day of the abduction, Pippa was wearing her school uniform, a red headband, red lipstick, and the locket.
Thanks in advance!
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Cybil, Laura and Gale
Spoiler!
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
backslash

Post by backslash »

I'm trying to save Joanne and Michael's pictures to upload to the wiki, but they're saving as webpages rather than images. Could I have the imgur links?

Edit: And the other three too, you posted as I was posting.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/fVHhTz9
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/S0yw8Cp
backslash wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:19 am I'm trying to save Joanne and Michael's pictures to upload to the wiki, but they're saving as webpages rather than images. Could I have the imgur links?

Edit: And the other three too, you posted as I was posting.
Oh, the requests close now btw. I'll probably open them tomorrow or wednesday
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
backslash

Post by backslash »

Thank you!
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

I love how benign Declyn looks. You did a cool job blending the harder, firmer lines in most of him/defining his features and the edges of his clothes with the softer, blurrier pattern on his shirt. And the details on his jacket are really well-realized; I'm impressed by how much focus you gave the seams.

It's cool to see your rendition of Faith. I like how you've shaded her hair and how the colors so nicely pair with her shirt; you've really got a palette down that works well. It's cool how you work with a notably different style than Declyn's cleaner lines but your style remains high quality and recognizable.

Joanne's great and absolutely channels the aesthetic I imagined her with. I especially dig how you bring out her collarbones and make her hairstyle so distinct. You've also done a great job getting a pretty simple outfit to give her a bunch of color and personality.

I adore the way Michael almost blends into the background of his piece. It's a quirky effect that is so fitting for somebody so dramatic. I'm also really amazed that you managed to make his hair look so nice and natural; it's a really distinct style and you captured it so well.

Speaking of capturing well, you have Cybil's quietly-zoned-out, slightly unworldly and unsettling vibe down really nicely. I appreciate how, despite the piece mostly being a bust, you've pulled in enough of his collar to give the impression he's just a bit formal and odd; it's a great touch.

Laura's piercings and the detail on her hat are so good. You can tell just at a glance that she's trouble, which is perfect, kind of like how some frogs are all brightly colored to warn you not to eat them. The way her hat sits against her hair also just screams "too much weed," which again is channeling her essence to a t.

Finally, I really really dig how you've done Gale! The sense of movement and dynamic pose add a lot of personality, and the sweater details are subtle but incredibly on-point. Again, you've done a ton with a little and just always know how to make a character look interesting and cool.

You are super awesome for doing these. :)
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

I'd like to see the Rennes twins (Christina and Jessica) from v7. I do have a reference photo if you like.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Pv3 final 4! pippa, virgil,galahand and fisher respectively
Spoiler!
ImageImageImageImage
Sorry for bad quality
Why are all the guys blue eyed?
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

decoy73 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm I'd like to see the Rennes twins (Christina and Jessica) from v7. I do have a reference photo if you like.
Can you show me the reference photos please?

Also, I think you wrote that after I closed the requests but they're open again so no worries (◦˙▽˙◦)

I'll assume that they're portraits
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth

Return to “Artist's Alley”