Cut Crease

Open

Unlike the upper floor, the lower floor of the Salem Mall doesn't have any noteworthy attractions. Instead, its shop spaces are filled with the usual range of clothes, bath, and jewelry stores. On the weekends and holidays these are primarily staffed by bored teens looking to earn some extra money.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Dani nodded. “What Molly said. We’ve been talking about some cosplay ideas and we’ve managed to work out an agreement to do each other’s ideas.” She paused, giving Molly the side eye before leaning in close to Iris and whispering, “I’ve also been trying to talk her out of puffer jackets and failing. Please for the love of God, save her from this madness.”

Pulling back she sighed, looking at some nearby makeup case and taking it to inspect it.

“Molly here has also tried to help me find something that I like so it isn’t just her and her alone getting stuff on this trip.” She held up the makeup, humming in thought as she tried to picture herself wearing it. After a moment she set it back down where she got it and picked up another. “Having a bit of a hard time though given that my tastes tend to be more… expensive. I mean, I’m sure I can pull off any look, I mean, have you looked at me? But… Oh, I just don’t know. Makeup will probably be easier to choose at least.”

She smiled at Iris. “So what’cha think, teammate? Got any recommendations? I’m open to suggestions.”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Chiara held the single case in her hand, turning it over in her hand. Molly asked Chiara how she can decide so easily.

Chiara paused for a moment, then shrugged. There really wasn't an explanation. She saw the item, it fit what she was looking for, so she went for it.

Although, now that she held it and examined it, this wasn't the right eyeshadow. Something about how she turned it in the fluorescent lighting of the store told her it wasn't the right shade. It was hard to tell from the normal eye, but Chiara could see a slight difference in the shade.

She put the item back and continued to examine the eyeshadow cases, slightly listening in while the girls talked.
backslash

Post by backslash »

Iris snapped to attention when Dani asked her a question. "Oh- red," she answered with minimal hesitation. "Definitely red or pink on you. Oh, um, but you mean brands! Burberry, maybe? They actually do makeup, you know." Dani probably knew that. Iris fidgeted with one of her earrings.

She was about to say more, but a jingling piano tune suddenly blared from the pocket of her shorts, making her jump a little. She snatched her phone out of her pocket and only had to glance at the screen to realize it was her dad. "Aw crap, I've probably been in here too long. Dad's picking me up for lunch, and I'm supposed to be out front." She waved her phone in front of herself for emphasis.

She paused and shot a longing look back at the display where the laptop palette had been. Another time, she guessed. Maybe they'd drop the price once back-to-school season had passed by.

"Later, guys!" Iris chirped, and pushed past Molly and Dani to exit the front of the store. She waited until she was well clear of the shop front to answer the phone. "Hi Daddy! I'm on my way out right now, I saw some friends from school and we were talking. Sorry!"

She couldn't let anyone her age hear her call her dad "Daddy". People on the internet had made it weird, and she'd never hear the end of it.

((Iris Waite continued in They call their friends entomologists))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Molly watched as Chiara shrugged, and then changed her mind on the colour. Huh, Molly hoped that she hadn’t caused some kind of crisis in choosing colours. But nah, that would have to be more difficult?

Though, actually, the one next to the one Chiara had initially picked had a really nice yellow in it… Molly picked it up to examine the rather vivid colours within. Molly always went vivid, given the choice.

She waved at Iris, shifting the case to one hand to do so, as she left, not envying – for the most part – having to run off to meet parents in such a rush. That was one of the silver linings of having so many siblings, was that meeting the parents in public didn’t have to happen unless it was like A Thing. Molly could take all the time she wanted, because they probably wouldn’t even notice she wasn’t there?

Which was fine. Really.

“Expensive doesn’t make it always better,” Molly sighed amiably at Dani. “Sometimes I look all up and down everywhere for the right thing, and then I find it in a second-hand store? Vintage, you know? There’s like a whole thing of like...” Molly raised her hand to hold it higher. “Stuff being amazing, and then time goes--” She dipped her hand down. “And it gets all just not cool? And then--” She moved her hand back up. “Back to cool again with the current times?” She gasped. "Do you want to go to an old stuff store? I love old stuff stores!"
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
TheLordOfAwesome

Dani nodded her head, taking in Iris’ advice. “Pink or red… Mmm, I do like red. I guess I could get some Burberry stuff, not something I get very often. But where-”

Iris’ phone went off. Her teammate apologized and was quickly out of the door. Dani stuttered and reached out, futilely trying to get Iris’ last minute attention to continue the conversation (and maybe get her to convince Molly not to get a puffer jacket). Too late, Iris was already clearly the distance as Dani could see her talking on her phone. She clicked her tongue. She would have to hit her up later online or in texts.

She was glad that she didn’t have to deal with situations like that with her parents. Her dad was usually busy with work, while her mom was usually busy with… her personal hobbies. If any time they needed to spend time together, it was usually communicated between them and her. Plus, she can drive her own car.

She turns her attention back to her original shopping buddy. “Is expensive better? Not usually, no. But it is the status that matters!” she waved a hand dramatically. She paused for a second then added, “Yeah, sure. We can go to an old stuff store, Molly. Maybe I can find something interesting.” She looks over to Chiara who was focusing on her shopping goals. “Hey Chiara? You wanna join us on the rest of our shopping trip? If you are up for it, that is.”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Chiara finally settled on the color she wanted and added it to the basket. It looked like Iris had to leave, and Molly and Dani were making plans to go elsewhere.

Dani asked Chiara if she wanted to join them for the rest of their shopping trip.

Chiara shook her head.

"Sorry. M' busy."

She wasn't lying. She was behind on some chores and a paper she had to write for class. If she had free time, she could at least begin working on a new look for this week's video. An old-timey store founded fun, but she just didn't have time.

She smiled and nodded to the girls.

"Bye."

Chiara walked past them and to checkout. She got her wallet out, ready for the large bill all this makeup would run up. She had gotten everything she needed, and now she was ready to move on.

((Chiara Masina continued elsewhere))
TheLordOfAwesome

((OOC: skipped with permission!))

Chiara walked off before Dani could get another word out. She turned to watch the quiet girl leave with her items to the counter, briefly raising her hand to wave goodbye but she was pretty sure Chiara didn’t notice. She blinked, a little taken back at the suddenness of Chiara’s leaving but quickly recovered. If nothing else, she had to respect the blunt, matter of fact way Chiara turned down her offer for her to come along with the rest of their shopping trip.

Shrugging it off, Dani turned her attention back to the makeup section, looking it over. After a few moments she quickly gave up. She wasn’t exactly interested in what was being offered in this section. If she really wanted makeup, she thought, she’ll just go to some designer store at a later time. Maybe after Halloween, or after she wins the Captaincy of the cheer team as a little reward to herself.

Plans for later.

She turned her attention back to Molly, giving her friend a shrug.

“Not seeing a lot to catch my eye here either,” she said, turning to walk back to the entrance of the store. “Let’s go to that old stuff store you want to go to. Maybe I can find something spooky I can grab for Halloween. I got a whole party lined up and I still need some decorations. Old stuff might be spooky enough.”

She started going over a mental list of things she’ll need for later. Occasionally her thoughts would go towards speculations on what she’ll get at the vintage store. Of course, thinking on that she remembered that she didn’t exactly know where it was either. Turning back to Molly she smiled sheepishly at her friend.

“Err… Where is that store at?”

((Dani Bird to be continued elsewhere…))
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Chiara sure was brusque. Well, that was okay. Whatever works for her?

Molly shrugged back at Dani, before she examined the make-up case she was holding one more time, comparing it to the yellow of her new ruana. Went well. This would work?

“Okay, I just need to buy this? And then I’ll be good to go.” She smiled brightly as she headed to the front. “Oh, they should have tons of decorations? Uh… the antique store, though… uh, I’ll remember where it is in a moment? It’s been so long since I was out of the house properly?”

((Molly Oliveira continued in The Albion Girl Always Gets Her Way!))
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb

Return to “Lower Floor”