Dirty Harry

Open once more!

The gym is contained in the same building as the recreation room but is much smaller than the other room used for free time. The equipment available was limited to a couple of weightlifting benches, two treadmills and two rowing machines. All the weights and bars have been removed leaving behind a very empty weight rack sitting dejectedly against one wall.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Abhishek kept wiping the viscera from the other boy's face. Everything said and done, that gash wasn't as awful as it seemed. Perhaps the Hunt Down the Freeman joke was a little uncalled for, even if Corbin did bear a slight resemblance to Sergeant Mitchell.

Actually, no, he was proud of that one. Fuck you.

Abhishek tossed the bloodied wipe haphazardly on the floor and then picked up another. Then, he kept going, scraping the red crust around the laceration away. Man, he'd been way too nice to this guy. In the end, he just had to push one more button. He'd earned it for all his toil and trouble.

"Alright, it's almost over," he said with another smug grin, "I'm not gonna kiss your wound, sorry, not sorry."
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

It was hard, keeping quiet while the little freak mocked him. Frankly, if Abhishek wanted to get a black eye he was heading in the right direction. But doing that would leave him without the only person around to treat his head wound, and he wasn't sure he could really do it himself. So he sat there, eyes shut, and took it.

At least until he felt something. One of Abhishek's hands moving across his face in just the wrong way. He couldn't see it, but it felt... gentle, and overly-familiar, and...

His eyes snapped open, glowering at the other boy with a mix of revulsion and fear, his face flushing red. Without warning, he violently shoved the other boy away from him.

"Don't fucking do that!" He glared, visibly fuming and trembling like a leaf, blushing furiously all the while. If he thought about it for maybe another second, even he would know he was massively overreacting, but in the wake of this his common sense was in painfully short supply.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Abhishek thought he'd had this system down to a science. He thought he knew exactly how far he could go before the consequences rolled in. He thought he was invincible—like nothing could touch him, as if he could get away with anything.

So much for that, huh?

The shove took him by surprise and sent him clattering to the floor. Even if he'd seen it coming, he probably couldn't have stopped it. Corbin was eight inches taller and over fifty pounds heavier, with muscle to match. There was no adequate comparison to be made.

Even with a sprain, Abhishek wasn't sure he could take on Corbin. The imbalance was too steep. His first brush with danger since he'd awoken, and the odds were against him. That meant he had to play smart: this was as much a puzzle as a battle.

The only weapon in reach was Corbin's own, the trident. Abhishek knew he didn't have the strength to wield it. It was too heavy, and if he tried to use it, Corbin would probably rip it from his hands. But as it stood, leaving it in play was dangerous.

So, he did the next best thing and pressed the bottom of his foot against the handle. Then, he added force. Soon, the weapon was sliding across the floor, all the way to the other side of the room. Now, it was effectively out of the other boy's reach.

That wasn't enough. If Abhishek wanted to make it out of the room in one aesthetically-intact piece—and he did—he needed to get out of Corbin's wingspan. Easier said than done. So, he tried to scramble to his feet and scamper a few inches back.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Corbin was right on the cusp of calming down. After all, the odds Abhishek had done it on purpose were slim. Like, they hated each other, for starters, and he definitely didn't know; nobody did. He'd made sure of it. Really, if anything, freaking out like that had done more to reveal it than anything else, and it would be wise to smooth it over and run damage control.

But then Abhishek kicked his trident - his weapon and means of locomotion - across the room. Suddenly, he was seeing red again.

"You little shit!"

He stood up, coming dangerously close to toppling on his bad ankle. But he was angry enough to ignore the agony, and clumsily lunged for the other boy.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

He'd poked the bear again, and this time, he hadn't even realized it. A flash of fear ran through him, like cold static in his veins. Then came the desperation. He had to take a stand, do something, do anything. He had to get out of harm's way.

Abhishek had a lot to lose.

The lunge came quicker than he'd thought. He'd tried to move out of the way, but that just meant he got shoulder-checked and sent hurtling back toward the ground. He couldn't let that happen. If he got pinned, the struggle was over.

Dead to rights.

"Gotta—" his brain spat out, fast enough to register but too slow to find a solution.

"—gotta do something."

His hands reached out, hooked something, and pulled it tight. Then, his nails dug in, and he swung Corbin's unzipped daypack towards the boy's head, letting loose odds and ends everywhere. Then, he let go of the bag, letting it fly free.

All he had to do was buy time.

Seconds were cheap.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

Intention.

Ideology.

Initiative.

Industry.

Identity.

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

BEYOND:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Corbin took the bag to the face with the undignified yip of a small dog getting its paw stepped on. He hurtled back to the floor, scrambling to get the now-mostly-empty bag off his head.

"Stupid goddamn..." he muttered, muffled.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Minutes were expensive.

Before retribution could come, he scrabbled around for Corbin's boot—the one on the ground—and kept moving. Even with one fucked-up foot, the guy had three functional alternatives, all of which were more than capable of destruction.

More time. More time.

He raised his arm. As soon as Corbin's face was clear, he reeled back. Then, with all his strength, he threw it, sock and all, hoping to hit. This red wouldn't go down without a fight—not if he had a say in the matter. And if that meant he had to fight dirty, so be it.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

Intention.

Ideology.

Initiative.

Industry.

Identity.

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

BEYOND:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

The bag came down, with Corbin yelling just as loud.

"Fucki-"

It was just in time for Corbin's discarded boot to collide with his left eye, glancing off it and tumbling away across the floor. Corbin himself struck the ground again hard, head first, clutching his face and screaming incoherently in rage and agony.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Survival, though?

Priceless.

Abhishek grabbed his jury-rigged weapon from where it rested. He was standing on his own two feet now. And with Corbin out of commission, he had ample space to breathe. For a little while, anyway. Soon, the other boy would shake off the pain, and it'd be back to fighting.

Though, he could've done something about it. Put a stop to this rampage before it had the chance to start. But no, he wasn't going to do that. He'd dealt enough of a punishment already. Corbin had learned a painful lesson—that was certain, judging by the anguished wailing.

Still, this whole situation left him with an uneasy feeling. Tensions were high, but he hadn't expected a reaction like that. With the push of a few little buttons, the scene erupted. And in the wake was violence. As he fixed his bag and adjusted his hat, he took one look back.

And then, he left the destruction behind him.

S031: ABHISHEK PANICKER — CONTINUED IN "Great Plan for the Transformation of Nature"
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

Intention.

Ideology.

Initiative.

Industry.

Identity.

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

BEYOND:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Corbin's animalistic screaming subsided into something of a pained, pitiful whine as Abhishek fled. He couldn't see how bad the damage was, obviously, but it felt excruciating. His left eye was swollen shut, and the hand clasped over it came away bloodied a bit. As if he wasn't badly injured enough already. He was pretty sure he'd probably agitated the gash and worsened the sprain too. From his position on the floor through his single teary eye, he couldn't quite find where his trident had scuttled off to; he could just see most of his supplies was scattered everywhere, having flown across the room when Abhishek threw the bag at him. The scuffle had even tipped his medkit onto the floor and scattered its content everywhere too. All the things he'd need to survive this, scattered and damaged and possibly ruined, all because he lost his temper over some imagined come-on by a dude he couldn't stand.

He'd never felt so fucking humiliated before in all his life.

Some part of him - the rapidly-shrinking part that still had dignity and resolve - felt the urge to do something about the circumstance he was in. Try his best to clean up and put his gear back in its bag. Properly tend to his injuries himself, as best he could. At minimum, at least put his shoe back on, get his little makeshift crutch back, and try to find someone who could do those things for him.

Instead he curled into a ball on the floor, trying and failing not to cry.

((Corbin Azinger continued bec de corbin))
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3

Return to “Gym (DANGER ZONE)”