las vegas? how about MORE vegas

see because las sounds kinda like 'less' and because I'm adding more characters to this version it's-

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Pippi

las vegas? how about MORE vegas

Post by Pippi »

hey how's it going

I've got some characters planned for V9 believe it or not! Wow! Very unlikely to be taking more than 4 this go around, as the previous version very much proved that a full cast of 6 is Way Too Many to be writing with my current job! Please also be aware that, as always, there's every chance I may end up choosing not to run any of these characters even after submitting them, depending on whether I vibe with them or not! That being said, here's the current gang of misfits and miscreants: feel free to hit me up if you think any of your kids would be friends/enemies/partners-in-crime/other with mine!

Images maybe to come eventually at some point possibly!!!!

Amber Barnes
  • Pretty distinctive around school due to her dyed hair and large number of piercings and tattoos
  • Plays both soccer and tennis for the school teams - is a tough-tackling left-back for the former team, and a VERY raw and rather wild talent for the latter, who requires some serious training to reach her potential
  • Also plays a lot of video games - is a console and mobile gamer as her PC at home is a secondhand ancient machine from the early 2000s
  • Likes to collect bottle caps, although she doesn't talk about it very much as she doesn't want to be made fun of - doesn't have much of a plan of what to do with them, even though the number is growing by the day
  • Has a very laid-back, happy-go-lucky and relaxed personality, likes to make people laugh or at least smile, is considered something of a class clown because of this
  • Due to this, however, can occasionally come across like she isn't taking anything seriously, even when she's genuinely trying to be sympathetic or offer support to her friends
  • On the other side of the same coin, can get very frustrated sometimes as she feels as though she's not allowed to be anything but cheerful and funny - whether true or not, often feels as though any of her actual grievances are ignored or not taken as seriously as she would like
  • Very sex positive, and considers it akin to basically any other activity, or as a way of showing love and appreciation for those around you - obviously not a sentiment shared by everyone at school
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
  • Hates his first name so goddamn much he genuinely would prefer to go by 'Buck Buckley'
  • Huge, HUGE hockey fanatic, both to watch and to play. Has supported the Las Vegas Golden Knights since their inception and is a diehard fan of them; gets real mad about any criticism or jibes leveled towards them
  • Also gets very mad if anyone accuses him of being a flake or a glory-supporter just because he immediately jumped ship from supporting the Penguins to the Golden Knights as soon as a hockey team was formed in his home city
  • Plays hockey for a team at the closest local ice rink. Has always had dreams of being a superstar forward, but due to his build and overall skillset is much better served as a goaltender, something he's still pretty bitter about
  • Also serves as a goalkeeper for the school's soccer team, but is only the backup keeper due to hockey being his big love
  • Plays a lot of fighting games, primarily Street Fighter and Tekken, is actually not bad at it but can be a real sore loser at times ('My controller wasn't working', 'I was playing against a no-skill character', that sort of thing)
  • Genuinely wants to improve at whatever hobbies and interests he participates in, but takes criticism incredibly poorly, and is generally in denial as to which areas actually need improvement
  • Has a Secret Baking Hobby that he enjoys and is surprisingly good at. Obviously nobody can EVER know about it as it, in his eyes, is a real fucking lame thing to be talented at
  • In general, wants to become a 'Global Fuckin' Superstar' - high hopes and lofty ambitions, mixed with decent-to-middling talents
  • Very brash and opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind on such. This unfortunately means he has a habit of wading into arguments or discussions without being fully prepared for them or ready to actually back himself up
Patty English
  • Peppy and bubbly member of the school soccer team, plays as a goalkeeper, becomes shockingly intense and focused during gametime, almost a complete 180 from her usual ray-of-sunshine self
  • Works part-time as a waitress at a local cafe, actually enjoys her job, would probably have bumped into a number of classmates while on the clock
  • Has a big interest in comedy, standup, and panel shows, and has a mostly-nebulous interest in one day performing on stage - mostly a pipe dream due to Extreme Nerves at the idea of actually doing so
  • Super into Mario Kart Wii as well, once she discovered there's a big online community invested into keeping it alive, participates in a lot of online tournaments and competitions and has tried to rope her friends into it as well
  • Big time furry online, tries to hide this from the majority of her classmates and friends but accidentally let things slip on more than one occasion
  • Loves to play the drums and will spend hours at a time practicing and playing drum covers of existing songs. Plays percussion for the school band, and also plays drums for Mercy Myers and the Bleak Brigade
  • Genuinely very book smart, but has a habit of spacing out and getting easily distracted, as well as making silly mistakes at the worst possible time, leading to a reputation ranging from ditzy to straight up stupid
  • REALLY hates this label and will defend her intelligence voraciously
  • Is a real people-pleaser and trusting of those around her - takes pretty much everything told to her in good faith unless there's strong or obvious evidence to prove they're deceiving her
  • Has a bit of a habit of making bad decisions, often influenced by wanting to get or remain on the good side of so-called 'friends'
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
  • Alejandro is a character in flux at the moment in regards to his interests and hobbies, and is likely to be more fully formed once the major trends and groups become more solidified
  • Currently have him set down as playing soccer for the school team as a centre forward
  • Also has an interest in combat robotics and in playing pool
  • Lives above, and does part-time work, at his parents’ corner shop convenience store
  • Very into motivating and encouraging his peers, wants to try and push the people around him to excel in any areas they want to. Supportive and positive while doing so, but can come across as though he’s never satisfied/asking for the impossible
  • Generally genial and friendly but occasionally has bouts of melancholy which he doesn’t like talking about
  • Something of a skeptic, struggles to believe in or trust things which he cannot see with his own eyes, very evidence based - does mean he generally doesn’t put much stock in rumours or hearsay
  • This provides him with some pretty severe internal conflict; family is very religious, but because of his general skepticism he finds it difficult to keep the faith, doesn’t see much point in going to church or saying grace before meals.
  • Does not consider himself an atheist despite this, but he’s also very uncertain as to whether this is because he truly believes there’s a higher power out there who is independent of God, whether he wants to believe there’s something more to the creation of life and the universe than what science can explain, or whether he’s struggling with internal guilt at letting his family down by not believing in something with no strings attached
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Howdy, it is I, Magnum!

I've come to suggest the types of relationships my character, Claude, could have with yours.

Amber Barnes - Them being friends is pretty set in stone since they would get along with each other just fine thanks to how they are both equally nice and friendly in general. However, I can see Claude being a sort of extremely supportive older brother figure to her that will sometimes sit down and talk and listen to her woes if she ever starts to feel frustrated with not being taken seriously. Because they are both involved in school sports, Claude could very well cheer her on during her games. In the end, they seem like good friends.

Dennis "Buck" Buckley - Buck would be friends with Claude, that much is a given. One of the reasons being that they would occasionally hang out wherever and "talk" about hockey; Buck would be doing all the talking while Claude would attentively listen, just being happy to hear about what one of his friends is passionate about. Another reason is that they frequently play fighting games together, and I imagine that Buck would be really annoyed by the fact that Claude is actually pretty good at playing with characters that are not considered to be good/unorthodox; e.g. Little Mac from Smash Bros, Kuma from Tekken, etc. So, they can be great buddies.

Patty English - She could get along with Claude really well do to how bubbly she is. He would greatly admire how focused she becomes when she is playing in a match, and she could possibly cheer him on whenever he is playing baseball. Claude could also probably attempt to help her see the fact that the people she considers her "friends" are anything but since he is probably one of her truly genuine friends! He also knows what she is... but he doesn't really have the heart to tell Patty that he knows she is a furry since he doesn't really think it's that big a deal and he doesn't want to embarass her by asking. So, overall, pretty great friends, but maybe a crush on Claude might have developed in Patty? Who knows!?

Alejandro Garcia de Teresa - They can be pretty good friends, with Claude and Alejandro not only hanging out at school, but also occasionally play a few one-on-one games of soccer and/or pool where Alejandro just absolutely decimated Claude by scoring goal after goal after goal. A sense of respect could also be shared between the two athletes due to this. Something else that would be nice to see would be Alejandro telling Claude all about combat robotics, and since Claude is essentially someone who knows little about modern technology, he would eagerly seek to learn more as well!

These are my suggestions but if you have anything different in mind, I'm more than willing to accept and change to what you see fit.

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”