Relationship Thread 2.0

This time, with children who are actually written.

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Dogs231

Relationship Thread 2.0

Post by Dogs231 »

Hello.

With my profiles now written and approved, I've realized that my previous relationship thread is woefully outdated and incomplete. The relationships I have established are, in many cases, obsolete, or in the case of my SI, absent. Not only that, but I failed to update it at any point.

With that in mind, I've decided to make a second thread to ensure that the relationships are up-to-date. I will hopefully be much more active with this thread than the previous one.

With that in mind, let's look at each of my characters.

Abhishek Panicker
“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.”
- George Orwell, Animal Farm (1945).
[+] Relationship Types
Loves: Abhishek, unfortunately, or more likely, fortunately, is both taken and loyal. As a result, I won't accept pitches for mutual crushes or relationships. If you, for some reason, want your character to have an unrequited crush on Abhishek, feel free.
Friends: Abhishek is loyal to his friends, who primarily exist in the Student Disaster Preparedness Organization or the Vanguard. This category will likely be pretty small but closely knit.
Acquaintances: Abhishek is pretty social, much to the detriment of society, so this category will consist of those he doesn't know very well or those for whom he has mixed or unsure feelings.
Adversaries: Abhishek is generally somewhat insufferable, and as a result, I expect him to have more foes than friends. This category is for those who he casually dislikes rather than seriously hates.
Enemies: Abhishek must have a lasting grudge against a person for someone to land here, which is difficult due to his relatively indifferent nature. I don't think this will be a large category, but feel free to pitch for it if you think it fits.
[+] Relationships
Noah Karimi-Fallah: "Come on, let's set the world on fire."
Corbin Azinger
“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.”
- George Will, Democrats Are Making Income Inequality Worse (2014).
[+] Relationship Types
Loves: Corbin probably won't have much in this department. He's not a romantic sort. I'll take pitches, but I don't expect to see any interest here.
Friends: Corbin's friends probably consist of other right-wingers or people involved in the school's athletic areas. Other than that, he's not too unpopular, so he probably has a good social status. Judgemental as he usually is, he holds his friends to a much lower standard. If you want to be in good graces, this is the place to be.
Acquaintances: Corbin doesn't go too far out of his way to be social, but there are still plenty of people who cross his path.
Adversaries: Corbin probably judges you heavily if you land in this area. This category is less reliant on specific events and more on character traits and personality.
Enemies: Corbin loathes the people here with a dislike greater than his usual level of judgment. Feel free to send me a pitch for why.
[+] Relationships
Donovan Lauer
“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no "I" in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'”
- Michael Jordan, Hall of Fame Induction Address (2009).
[+] Relationship Types
Loves: Donovan isn't the type to stick with one person for long, so this area probably consists of short flings or brief, turbulent relationships.
Friends: Donovan is a very social person. He's relatively laid back outside of athletics, so the requirements to be on good terms with him are pretty lax.
Acquaintances: Donovan doesn't think much about people outside of his sphere, so this is the apathy zone.
Adversaries: Donovan holds grudges, and his frustration is pretty easy to achieve. It's pretty easy to find yourself on the wrong side.
Enemies: Donovan feels that a person should pull their weight or get out of the way. He doesn't like picking up other people's slack, so idlers and quitters end up here.
[+] Relationships
Claire Haig
“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.”
- William Golding, Lord of the Flies (1954).
[+] Relationship Types
Loves: Claire is a self-insert, and as such, I don't feel comfortable putting her in a relationship or having her crush on fictional characters.
Friends: Claire is introverted and shy, but she loves and appreciates the friends she has. She derives her connections from mutual hobbies.
Acquaintances: Claire probably doesn't have strong connections to many people, owing to her status as a perpetual outsider and her relatively recent arrival in Salem.
Adversaries: Claire hates when people go out of their way to hurt others. If you're rude and insensitive without any irony, you likely find yourself here.
Enemies: Claire has a history of being ostracized, and those who do it will invariable arrive at a place of her loathing.
[+] Relationships
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Aight finally here.

Abhishek:
- I feel like Marshall has to have gotten in his grill for all his shenanigans. ABHI YOU’RE BEING DETRIMENTAL TO SCHOOL EFFORTS ABHI COME BACK HERE
- Fitz is also part of the Student Disaster Preparedness crew. I don’t know if they’d be close (and given that Fitz was like ‘how’d you get this number’ that one time but maybe he just doesn’t give his number out much Xd) but Fitz is chill enough to be fairly immune to shenanigans. Plus they share a tendency towards more feminine style but in different ways (Fitz is just a skirts-and-nail-polish kind of lad.)

Donovan:
- We’ve discussed the gist of this before, I think. Marshall would be Donovan’s track captain so that automatically leads to a connection, but also would probably have a lot of issues with how Donovan conducts himself as a team player (even if they don’t share the same team sport). I don’t think it’d be dislike, but Marshall would definitely be at him for his behavior towards people he doesn’t think are pulling his weight – that’s not ENCOURAGING, Donovan! - and try to be pestering him to do better in his grades and such, though as a side note they do share similar concerns with having poor backgrounds and distant-parents-as-a-result and such, so they’d have a lot of similarities, just contrast in their critical-but-in-different-ways natures.

Claire:
- Marshall might be difficult for Claire to get along with, since his blunt, pushy nature could be painful to experience.
- Molly shares video game interests, and would be down to vibe.
- Though Roberta wouldn’t bully her, her general abrasiveness might put them a little at odds at worst.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”