Yumeno Hajima Ring Ring

Morning of September 1st (open)

The corridors in John Endecott Memorial Academy are trapped between two different eras, both of them antiquated. The walls of the building while having had restoration still match their original design from when the main school building was first constructed. The original wooden flooring of the corridors has worn away over the years and has since been replaced by new lacquered flooring that gets notoriously slippery when wet. The corridors themselves run around the outside edge of the original school building with the entrance to the classrooms being located on the interior side of the corridors themselves. Stairs to the first floor can be found at the back of the building while the newer connecting corridors to the more modern wings are located opposite. Lockers line the walls of the corridors and there is a running joke among the student body that lockers are assigned at random due to the allocations following no discernable pattern. One block of lockers can be in use by all grades within the school.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Haha oh fucking god this was really happening.

“Yeah, um, Marshall, don’t talk to me about medical issues, yeah? I mean, if anyone knows about medical issues it’s me, or maybe Ash. Probably Ash. Both of us. So, yeah?”

He was laughing despite there being nothing funny about the situation. He was losing his cool, he jbew, because when you had been forced indoors for over a year, you did not need to be reminded that you had been forced indoors for over a year. Which is exactly what Jessica was doing by insisting that she wear a mask. And everyone agreeing with her right to wear one, as completely logical and well founded as it was, was not helping.

He probably should’ve calmed down. It’s not like he hadn’t had anxiety moments before, which is what this was very much feeling like, as suddenly as it had come on. He was knotting his fingers between each other, and his mouth was teeth were clenching. The sensible thing to do here would be to apologise, step away, and take a deep breath.

“Ok, I don’t disagree, with everyone here? Wendy- hey Wendy- Wendy’s right. Ashlee’s right. Everyone’s right.”

Good, good start.

“….BUUUUT-”

Oh dear.

“We’ve all been vaccinated, and we don’t need reminders that the Pandemic happened, you know? I mean, I could chat or shake hands or, hell I could make out with anyone, or everyone here, and we’d all be fine, right? Right. I mean, does anyone want to? Prove my point? Ashlee? Marshall? Anyone?”

Yep, good job Teddie. Good first day back at school.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“You don’t! And I--” Marshall’s voice cracked slightly under the strain of the enthusiasm. “--support you in your crusade!”

He moved like he was going to put his hands on her shoulders to emphasise his solidarity, but if she was still wearing a mask then that would be too much social contact for her comfort, so his hands just hovered in the air before he made a jazz-hands-esque motion to play it off like he hadn’t gone in to do that.

What was Teddie’s confusing damage, though? And why was that the example he’d gone to? Theoretically they were capable of making out but--

“No! ...No?” Marshall paused for a brief second, then yelled, “No! No-one’s making out! We’re at school! We are here to learn!”

Hadn’t there been another part of what Teddie said? ...Oh, right!

“Breaking your back or testicles does not give you a PHD in disease, Teddie! And not wearing a mask doesn’t change the past! It did happen! Why do you object to the comfort of others?!” Marshall gestured at Teddie, flailing a hand dismissively. “You’re just drawing attention to it, being loud and weird like you are!”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Jessica's eyes went slightly wider and she once again found herself leaning backward as it looked like Marshall was going to place his hands on her shoulders. Luckily he thought better of the gesture and just decided to awkwardly jazz hand instead, which did nothing to relieve her tension but was at least a funny image. Unfortunately, the argument between him and Teddy was still ongoing. She didn't understand what Teddie's issue was with her wearing the mask. It didn't adversely affect him and she was sure it wouldn't have been the only reminder he'd end up seeing of the pandemic. He could have just stayed quiet about it and gone about his day but instead, he'd decided to single her out and focus everyone's attention on her just because she had felt more comfortable wearing a mask for her first day back at school.

Jessica unconsciously fiddled with her headphones, squeezing the ear cushion of the right one between her thumb and forefinger as she watched the argument play out. She did appreciate Marshall taking her side but she wished he was quieter and less enthusiastic about it. He was a very overwhelming presence. Although, despite how weird Marshall was intent on being he wasn't hitting the same level as Teddie, who had suggested that he make out with someone to prove it was safe to not wear a mask. That suggestion just struck Jessica as weird and like his mouth got ahead of his brain. She just considered herself lucky that he hadn't suggested that she be the one to do it.

Even with that bit of strange levity, Jessica wasn't keen on participating in the conversation any further. So in lieu of responding to either boy, she turned to her locker and set to work opening it. There was a light click and the door swung open slightly to sit ajar, ready to receive its new contents. As she gently pulled it open further she saw the postcards stuck on the inside of the door. Glacier, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Zion. All places she hadn't been able to visit in over a year, she hadn't been able to go to Crow Hill and that was in Massachusetts, she hadn't even been able to climb indoors. It filled her with a great sense of lost time. But she tamped down on the feeling and instead started to unzip her backpack and place her books inside the locker.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Wendy could tell situation was getting a bit dire by Teddie and Marshall’s debate. She just wanted to catch up and talk about anime, but instead, she stumbled upon another mask vs no masks debate. She wanted to say something, but was worried she’d get her head bitten off. She lean in and whispered into Ashlee’s ear.

“I really hope these two don’t start a fist fight,” Wendy said to Ashlee, “It’s only the first day.”
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
Slam

Post by Slam »

ShitShitShitShit

Teddie’s face was frozen into a very awkward clenched smile that did not convey any joy at all, as Marshall’s accusation stuck in his mind. Everyone else who he’d been looking so forward to seeing was quickly fading from relevance, which really only made the situation feel that much worse.

It wasn’t the first time he’d been called loud and weird in his life. When you were as bubbly as Teddie, and your hobbies included furry stuff and wanting to run around in a giant costume at sport events, people tended to take shots every now and then. It was cool; he hadn’t minded so much if people said it in an endearing way. He knew he could be pretty intense with people.

But that was Old Teddie. Old pre-pandemic-isolation Teddie, who could take a little accusation about how he’s making people feel towards him without worrying too much about him. This was first-day-back-at-school Teddie, who was comparatively fragile and self-conscious. One was rubber, the other glass. He just wanted to see his friends again and have a good time, not make anyone uncomfortable or argue over the face masks which he hated so much.

“I’m….” he stuttered, face still trying to reboot itself into being able to move. He looked at Jessica, who was pointedly ignoring him. Noticed Wendy’s whispering something to Ashlee: something about him? Surely not good, given the circumstances. He really loved seeing everyone again, and he was fucking it up in record time.

His mouth quivered upwards, as his eyes felt hot. Tears. He was welling up.

“I’m- I’m sorry? Oh fuck me,” he moved to cover his eyes with his arm, feeling his breath start to catch in his chest as his heart beat faster and faster. Starting his day with a public meltdown wasn’t how his first day back was supposed to go! Fuck, he just wanted-

He had to get out of there. He wouldn’t last any longer if he didn’t.

“He-hey, I’ll- I’ll se-see you guys later! Gotta- gotta go do-”

And with that he was off, racing for a bathroom stall to lock himself in to and hide away from the world he apparently wasn’t ready to face.

((Teddie Boyd continued in Teddie Bear Tears))
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Marshall made out the whispered word ‘fist fight’ behind him. Did Wendy or Ashlee think that was going to happen?

“We are not going to fight!” Marshall said, appalled, head briefly snapping towards the others. “We are just having a discussion--”

Marshall’s head snapped back to Teddie, and his words immediately stopped.

Oh no. Those were tears.

Marshall only had time to slightly raise his hands, in what was about to become a bellowed order not to cry, before Teddie was fleeing the scene.

“No, wait! Teddie! TEDDIE, COME BACK!” Marshall bellowed after him, drawing further looks in general from those around him.

Oh no. It’d happened again. This was not the first time Marshall had accidentally made someone cry. Marshall didn’t feel good about it. He had only wanted to make Teddie respect Jessica’s decision, not make Teddie feel bad.

“I have to go and make amends, goodbye!” Marshall shouted, words coming out so fast they were barely legible, towards the other three, before power-walking in the direction that Teddie had raced off in.

((Marshall West continued in Teddie Bear Tears.))
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

And then the drama ended.

Jessica herself wasn't entirely sure what initially happened to bring amount the demise of the argument but as she turned to observe its end she saw Teddie covering his eyes and dashing off down the corridor. Marshall soon followed him with a look of guilt plastered across his face. It was weird in a way, Jessica was aware that the conversation had been dragged away from its original purpose, not that she wanted to be the one taking part. But it had devolved quickly into two people arguing about her without stopping at any point to consider whether she even wanted to be the subject of the argument. Under those circumstances, it didn't shock Jessica that things had escalated but she also couldn't help feeling somewhat sorry for Teddie even if she believed he was in the wrong and had picked her out for no real reason.

For the part, she had played in instigating the argument—arriving at her locker—Jessica didn't feel like finding out the conclusion between the two major players. Instead, she was happy to turn back to her locker and finish stacking her unneeded books inside. That done she zipped up her backpack and started making her way to her math class with Mr. Ramos, taking out her phone to message Iris about what had happened as she did so.

((Out))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Marshall snapped at Wendy, who had hoped her whisper to Ashlee hadn’t been heard by the two boys. Looks like she got her head bitten off regardless. Then, Teddie ran off, and— wait was he crying!? Marshall yell after Teddie to come back, and pursued.

“Oh jeez,” Wendy said, “I didn’t mean—”

The boys were already off down the hall, too far to hear her. Wendy felt guilty. She only wanted to chit chat and catch up on things. She turned to Ashlee.

“I’m sorry, I-I just—,” Wendy stammered.

There was nothing she could do at this point.

“I gotta get to class,” she said, “I’ll see you later.”

Wendy started down the hall to her home room. She hoped this mess would be cleared up when they all met again.

(Wendy Kennedy, continued elsewhere…)
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Uh okay, that uh… escalated quickly, to use a phrase?

Ashlee was standing alone, with her locker open. She placed her hand on the door, realizing it was shaking. Should she have said something? Like, it hurt a little to bring up her back, she couldn’t imagine people bringing up something like genitals so casually. And, like, Teddy was clearly antsy, and so was Wendy, and Jessica had promptly removed herself from the convo.

She didn’t feel like decorating any more. Maybe later.

Ashlee slammed the door closed a bit harder than she wanted to.

((Ashlee Donovan continued in zombie goasts leave this place!))

Return to “The Hallways”