The Devil You Know

HARK, BEFORE THE INFERNO ENGULFS YE

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

FlockOfHens wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 am Hello there questionably demonic person, I've come bearing relationships!!

For Beau: I'd like to put him down as an enemy. Now, he doesn't hate her, more than try to make friends with her. Unfortunately, his cheery and happy-go-lucky attitude will annoy Beelzebub to a high degree.

For Storm: He seems bland as a character right now, but what if he and Beelzebub were old friends? They understood each other fully in the past, but as they near the end of high school, Storm's outlook changes, and then stops hanging out with her completely. This might turn them into enemies because when Beelzebub wants to fight, he'll give her one.

For Inessa: Pure, innocent, sweet, kind, and happy. Nothing else than the embodiment of what Beelzebub hates. And all the more reason for Inessa to be a bully victim! And btw, her last name is Hymen; work with that in any way you want.
Hello, it's me again! This time I have another child named Marino! I feel like he can work as both a hook-up and a friend. He was looking for a few people to hang around with who fit his preferences until he stumbled against Beelzebub's gang! The two talked until they got along with each other. Long story short, he didn't feel committed to Beel, but they do remain friends. He also has free weed!
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Yo, me again

I suspect Johnny will have hit on Beel at some point or another, though how receptive she'd be to his advances is up to you.

I also imagine Florida's a prime target for bullying, given her overall meekness and submission to authority figures. She's also the type who would report on Beel if that happened, likely making things even worse for her...
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

FlockOfHens wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:13 am Hello, it's me again! This time I have another child named Marino! I feel like he can work as both a hook-up and a friend. He was looking for a few people to hang around with who fit his preferences until he stumbled against Beelzebub's gang! The two talked until they got along with each other. Long story short, he didn't feel committed to Beel, but they do remain friends. He also has free weed!
Gonna bump this again ^^"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Sorry for the delay! These last few weeks have taken a lot out of me and I needed some time to recover.
FlockOfHens wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:13 am Hello, it's me again! This time I have another child named Marino! I feel like he can work as both a hook-up and a friend. He was looking for a few people to hang around with who fit his preferences until he stumbled against Beelzebub's gang! The two talked until they got along with each other. Long story short, he didn't feel committed to Beel, but they do remain friends. He also has free weed!
Sounds good. Free weed is always a plus!
Fiori wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:58 am Yo, me again

I suspect Johnny will have hit on Beel at some point or another, though how receptive she'd be to his advances is up to you.

I also imagine Florida's a prime target for bullying, given her overall meekness and submission to authority figures. She's also the type who would report on Beel if that happened, likely making things even worse for her...
Beelzebub isn't really into jocks, so she wouldn't actually do anything with Johnny, but she might escalate the flirtations just to see how far he would go. If he's the type to get upset at girls for "leading him on" then that could cause some problems!

And, yeah, Beel would hate Florida, with that hate escalating should she actually be reported. She better be prepared for a bad time!
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Howdy, it's me Magnum. I've come to give you a unique and interesting take on the type of relationship that Beelzebub and Claude could have with each other- here it is;

At first, I imagine Beelzebub being a bully/enemy to Claude, regardless of the fact that he's a jock, mainly due to the fact that she might've seem him as a spineless stick-in-the-mud due to how much of gentle giant he is and who never picks fights with anyone and only ever tries to befriend people. Her bullying him in the effort to have him fight back would actually not work at all for a really long time due to just how much and how strong his patience truly is....

But one day... while she was bullying him, she finally said enough terrible things to him to nearly push him over the edge, but when she said something that was an insult that centered around grandparents... that was enough to finally push him past his breaking point. So, while Beel did finally get him to fight back and stop being spineless, her bullying worked a bit too well since Claude fought back a bit too hard and too violently- resulting in her getting a broken nose and shattered jaw from his punches because of it.

After that, I can see Beelzebub begin to view him as someone she shouldn't mess with by trying to test his patience and gentility/kindness and as someone who she can sort of respect despite the fact that Claude was back to being a gentle giant who got along and became friends with everyone.

Again, this is my two cents on how things would be between them, but I'm always open to suggestions. So feel free to tell me what you think would work best!

(Also, just to clear up any confusion, she didn't directly insult his grandparents, she just said an insult that was generally aimed towards grandparents.)
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Magnum 0pus wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:43 pm Howdy, it's me Magnum. I've come to give you a unique and interesting take on the type of relationship that Beelzebub and Claude could have with each other- here it is;

At first, I imagine Beelzebub being a bully/enemy to Claude, regardless of the fact that he's a jock, mainly due to the fact that she might've seem him as a spineless stick-in-the-mud due to how much of gentle giant he is and who never picks fights with anyone and only ever tries to befriend people. Her bullying him in the effort to have him fight back would actually not work at all for a really long time due to just how much and how strong his patience truly is....

But one day... while she was bullying him, she finally said enough terrible things to him to nearly push him over the edge, but when she said something that was an insult that centered around grandparents... that was enough to finally push him past his breaking point. So, while Beel did finally get him to fight back and stop being spineless, her bullying worked a bit too well since Claude fought back a bit too hard and too violently- resulting in her getting a broken nose and shattered jaw from his punches because of it.

After that, I can see Beelzebub begin to view him as someone she shouldn't mess with by trying to test his patience and gentility/kindness and as someone who she can sort of respect despite the fact that Claude was back to being a gentle giant who got along and became friends with everyone.

Again, this is my two cents on how things would be between them, but I'm always open to suggestions. So feel free to tell me what you think would work best!

(Also, just to clear up any confusion, she didn't directly insult his grandparents, she just said an insult that was generally aimed towards grandparents.)
Hate to shoot you down like this but I don't think she'd find Claude to be someone worth bullying. She's not about to pick on anyone that could actually kick the shit out of her, because even if they're gentle and spineless and she might not like them, they could defend themselves if they needed to. She wants to inspire the chihuahuas of the world to rip apart ankles instead of being kicked around, not try to get the well-behaved rottweilers to bite her face off. She was once one of those chihuahuas herself, after all...

As for how she WOULD interact with Claude, I think she would rather take the role of the temptress. She'd be weirdly nice to him despite how rough-around the edges she is normally, especially to people who don't live deliciously (who I imagine Claude is). People tend to respond positively to those that they expect to be mean to them, but then are nice to them anyway. She'd use that to worm her way into his heart, and act as a bad influence, most likely trying to get him to commit petty crimes and try drugs. Live a little, you know, stick it to the man.

Hope that clarifies things.
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

VoltTurtle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:12 am
Magnum 0pus wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:43 pm Howdy, it's me Magnum. I've come to give you a unique and interesting take on the type of relationship that Beelzebub and Claude could have with each other- here it is;

Hate to shoot you down like this but I don't think she'd find Claude to be someone worth bullying. She's not about to pick on anyone that could actually kick the shit out of her, because even if they're gentle and spineless and she might not like them, they could defend themselves if they needed to. She wants to inspire the chihuahuas of the world to rip apart ankles instead of being kicked around, not try to get the well-behaved rottweilers to bite her face off. She was once one of those chihuahuas herself, after all...

As for how she WOULD interact with Claude, I think she would rather take the role of the temptress. She'd be weirdly nice to him despite how rough-around the edges she is normally, especially to people who don't live deliciously (who I imagine Claude is). People tend to respond positively to those that they expect to be mean to them, but then are nice to them anyway. She'd use that to worm her way into his heart, and act as a bad influence, most likely trying to get him to commit petty crimes and try drugs. Live a little, you know, stick it to the man.

Hope that clarifies things.
Oooohh you know what? Your idea actually sounds much better than mine! Thanks for clarifying things and for also giving me a good laugh with the "well-behaved Rottweilers" part, I can't even begin to imagine how well that works for Claude lol

I'll go ahead and add Beel as a friend in relations if you don't mind.

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”