V8 Ninth Rolls

Important announcements concerning the site will be posted here. Not only will the terrorists' official announcements be written here, but information concerning rolls, danger zones, and site issues will be located here as well.
Ruggahissy

V8 Ninth Rolls

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hello chums

If you have not been rolled, please do not post in the rolls thread except to use cards. Those rolled are free to request heros or death ideas as needed. Keep discussion in chat and other parts of the board respectful (no gloating about not getting rolled, etc.).

The following characters have been rolled:
[+] V8 Ninth Rolls
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:11 PM
Welcome to the pit
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 9:11 PM
The traditional test rolls
1d69
rollem
BOT
— Today at 9:11 PM
61 ⟵ [61] 1d69
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 9:11 PM
And another
1d420
rollem
BOT
— Today at 9:11 PM
177 ⟵ [177] 1d420
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:12 PM
Say hello for the surveillance cameras
Gundham — Today at 9:12 PM
It begins
Kermit Parcell, SOTF page — Today at 9:12 PM
waves im the UN-mandated "impartial" observer
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 9:13 PM
We'll be rolling for 5, Gundham'll call, I'll roll, Rugga'll fetch
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:13 PM
yes
Ready whenever
Gundham — Today at 9:13 PM
Sounds good, we're rolling out of 84
Roll 1
1d84
rollem
BOT
— Today at 9:13 PM
20 ⟵ [20] 1d84
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:13 PM
20. Timothy Adams (Jilly)
Gundham — Today at 9:13 PM
Roll 2
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 9:14 PM
1d84
rollem
BOT
— Today at 9:14 PM
16 ⟵ [16] 1d84
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:14 PM
16. Juanita Reid (Gundham)
Gundham — Today at 9:14 PM
Roll 3
1d84
rollem
BOT
79 ⟵ [79] 1d84
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:14 PM
79. Perante Losoa (CardboardAirplane)
Gundham — Today at 9:14 PM
Roll 4
1d84
rollem
BOT
60 ⟵ [60] 1d84
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:15 PM
60. Alexander Hawthorne (Dogs231)
Gundham — Today at 9:15 PM
Roll 5
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 9:15 PM
1d84
rollem
BOT
— Today at 9:15 PM
57 ⟵ [57] 1d84
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 9:15 PM
57. Medea Parth (TheLordOfAwesome)
That's a wrap
I'll log it
1. Timothy Adams (Jilly)
2. Juanita Reid (Gundham) Jack Anderson (Anderson, Hero card used)
3. Perante Losoa (CardboardAirplane)
4. Alexander Hawthorne (Dogs231) Donovan Lauer (Dogs231, Swap card used)
5. Medea Parth (TheLordOfAwesome)

You have THREE days (72 hours) from this announcement going up to play hero or swap cards to save a rolled character. Characters slotted to die at the end of that 72 hour period have an additional NINE days to die before they and their killer become ineligible for the Best Kill and Best Death Awards for this rolls cycle.

Any characters who have not died by the BKA/BDA deadline of the next rolls cycle will be taken over by SOTF_Help in order to complete their deaths.

Time remaining for cards:

Time remaining for BKA/BDA eligibility:
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Second time in a row? Damn, I think I pissed off a wizard somewhere

In an effort to not be completely out of V8 now, Imma ask for a hero

Edit: Because I realise I forgot to put this here, if you've got death ideas, send em over to me but also I'm gonna be probably unresponsive until card timer runs out
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Hey, so, I know heroes are really rare lately, but I'm really hoping for one right now. None of my characters are in a good place to die right now, in terms of both their stories and their current threads. If you're willing to spare one for me, I'd be so, so, so grateful.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Hello everyone.

I find myself in the unfortunate position of requesting a Hero for Medea. While I didn't want to advertise this fact, Medea is involved in an escape that has taken several OOC months to plot out. The plan has been in mind since Day 1, but it wasn't until relatively recently that steps had finally been taken to actually start the plan (not for a lack of trying mind you). The unfortunate part of this is that Medea is basically the lynch pin of this plan, so her death would result in the plan falling through for pretty much everyone involved beforeit has even begun. So kindly requesting a Hero so this plan can still proceed forward.

If no Hero is given, I am still weighing the option of Swapping out Medea for Dani. An action I'd rather not do as Dani is my favorite to play, but we will see.
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

HEY YOU!

Me?

Yes, YOU!

What?

Bloodshot eyes from long nights spent typing posts...

Stress from constantly dodging the activity net...

Anxiety from juggling too many plotlines...

If any of these describes YOU, then you might be suffering from Too Many Characters syndrome.

TMCS is a recognized disorder that affects tens of handlers every decade. But, now at long last, there's a cure: Heroing Juanita Reid.

Heroing Juanita Reid is YOUR one-post solution to having too many characters. It's easy, affordable, and non-allergenic. Wow!

Side effects of Heroing Juanita Reid include:

Being incredibly based!
More free time with loved ones!
Gundham's eternal gratitude!
Angsty morality drama!
New exciting injuries!
Fallout New Vegas references from the legion!
Lesbian fanservice scenes with Ash*!

Act fast, and YOUR character could be eligible for a Best Death Award and a prestigious scrolling quote on top of the header bar for everyone to see! Just think of the prestige!

Supplies are limited to one per handler, so what are you waiting for? Ask your doctor if Heroing Juanita Reid is right for YOU! (It is, trust me, I already asked them)
------

Okay, but for real, please do consider heroing my one-legged one-eared adrenaline freak. I've had a blast writing her and I hope she's been enjoyable to read. I've really enjoyed pulling the legion together and following her descent into villainy, and there's so, so much more that I want to do with her going forward, and I'd love to keep going with all of that.

------

*maybe
V8 Characters:

Juanita Reid
Rebekah Hayes
Karin Han
EXTREME STEVE Dodds
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hi henlo. I don't expect a save for Timothy and I'm probably just gonna let him die tho there's a very small fraction of a chance I'll swap him out for Shu, but I wouldn't turn down a hero if you really wanted to give me one. Send me pitches for either but if you are pitching for Shu be very, very sure it would be a situation that would make sense for his character and narrative.
Anderson

Post by Anderson »

Jack Anderson heroing for Juanita Reid.

Edit: To be clear, no ideas needed.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hi, gamer update, I'm gonna let Tim get hit by RNG so if you blessed me with another hero it'll be for him. I'm still open for death pitches until card time runs out so if interested please forward ideas to me. thanks.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Hey everyone.

So since it is down to the wire now, I should mention I am no longer considering using my swap card. So unless Medea gets Hero'd before the deadline (which I would still appreciate so i can continuewith the escape plan), I will be hearing out death ideas.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

I'm not going to lie, dying now would be heartbreaking, and I still desperately want a hero. I've still got so much left to do with all my characters. Their stories aren't ready to end yet. I've got big plans and ideas for all three of them. That said, though, I can see the writing on the wall, and I know it's not likely that I'll be getting a card.

I am playing my swap card. S043: Donovan Lauer for S061: Alexander Hawthorne.

If anyone feels generous, I'm still holding out for a hero. Never say it's over until it's over and all that. I'd be beyond grateful for one.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

CardboardAirplane

Well shucks, can't save em all I guess

Open to death ideas, have one in mind if it comes down to it
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
CardboardAirplane

[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

That's time on BKA/BDA eligibility

Return to “Announcements”