Attempting to Plan Ahead

Nerd's potential kids (Two of them anyway)

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
AnimeNerd

Attempting to Plan Ahead

Post by AnimeNerd »

Last time I tried to plan ahead with a bunch of characters, and the result was two existing in V8, only one actually making it to the island, and that one not even waking up before dying, so…

Still gonna dish out ideas, but keeping things to a minimum so I don’t raise expectations or make promises I can’t keep, only talking about two of my kids that I’m thinking of bringing

Rezariza Isa - “I’m not like other gYAH HA *snort* HA HA, I’m sorry, I just - I can NOT say that with a straight face!”

By far the most well adjusted of my kids, no matter what happens with the undecided kids. Has a unique family situation because her aunt volunteered to be a surrogate for her dads, then her aunt on the other side offered the same thing and the result was twins, and THEN a family friend made one of her dads a Godfather to his child before dying suddenly. The result is a mixed Iranian-Filipino family of five and a semi-recently adopted sixth who is Brazilian.

Rezariza herself is a fairly chill person, keeps to herself a bit, but it’s introverted energy along the lines of having a few close friends rather than many less close friends. Nerdy and proud, to the point that you’d half expect her to make a comment that belongs on r/notlikeothergirls, but she’s self aware enough to recognize that isn’t true (and it might help that she thinks girly girls are really pretty). Will talk your ear off about any videogame, cartoon or anime if you give her the chance.

Fun Fact! Rezariza’s name comes from the Filipino tradition of combining the parents' names to make a new one, as one of her fathers is named Reza, and the other is named Rizalino!

[+] Fellow Nerds
Tyson Peraday - "We're pretty much in two completely different social circles, but I thought I saw him get really excited to pet a dog once. He's probably cool."
K.K Kirabow - "A fellow nerd! Always good to have another one around. And hey, I may not understand what they're saying sometimes with all the plant talk, but I'm not sure they understand me half the time I try to talk about FNAF lore, so that evens it out, right?"
Bailey Gema - "Things with him seem a little...complicated, to say the least, but I can say there are worse people at this school, so..."

Kiplyn Kaplan - “You keep giving me that side eye, and I’ll turn it into a black eye. Got it?”

Completely contrasting Miss ‘I am happy with my life actually’ is this mess of a human being. Both of his parents are a different level of messed up, his dad an alpha male sovereign citizen who wants no laws applied to him, his a regular MLM scam target who didn’t believe in vaccinations, and both being extremely right wing gun nuts. While not directly abusive, their behavior was concerning enough that, once his white sheep of an uncle tried to reconnect with his family, he immediately worked to - and was eventually granted custody of - his nephew. The years with his parents had taken its toll, though, and it wasn’t an immediate happily ever after.

Kiplyn is basically a walking ball of frustration and anger, and pretty much everyone is a potential target. One of his biggest hobbies is getting into fights, and it doesn’t matter if you’re big, small, know lots about fighting, know nothing about fighting, are a boy, a girl, or anything in between - hell, not even being his friend will save you if he thinks you said something stupid. Didn’t entirely take up his parents ideologies, but is too used to thinking some of those things to stop. Is a delinquent elsewhere as well (you’ve definitely seen at least one of his devious lick Tiktoks, or seen his graffiti art around Vegas) and is kind of running his cop uncle ragged. Does have two surprising soft spots with drawing and baseball, though, as he sketches out all his planned art pieces as baseball is the one thing he bonded with his parents over that hasn’t turned bitter. Basically if you want any confirmed ways to avoid his wrath, join the baseball team or become an artist, he’ll give you shit but not a bruise.

Fun Fact! Kiplyn is gay, but does not really think he is, instead believing his body is protesting the heteronormative standard his parents have shoved at him since literal birth, and agreeing with it solely to spite them!

[+] People He May Or May Not Punch
Finn Cooper - "The dude isn't afraid to go at it whenever, and dishes as much as I give. I can respect that much, at least."
Tyson Peraday - "Eh, I stick with just calling him a loser and shit. Could say plenty about him spending more time with dogs and cats than people, but I'm not sure I wanna risk him going feral and going for my throat if we got into it."
K.K Kirabow - "Who? Uh...oh, that guy-person? Whatever. Kinda forget they exist sometimes, but I don't think they mind."
Bailey Gema - "Eh, he used to be cool. Nowadays he's a lot more lame. Still can throw a good punch, though."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

For Kiplyn:

Finn and Kiplyn have some strong similarities. Cop custodians (for Finn, it’s his grandfather), built in frustrations due to a messy childhood, and Finn has definitely thrown fists before. Outside of school, he’d take fairly little prompting to get into a fist fight. Finn seems outwardly more chill, but he’s kept that frustration and fisticuffs in a little ball that is just waiting to explode.
So, basically, no matter how these guys get along, they’ve probably gotten into numerous fist fights.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

ViolentMedic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:12 am For Kiplyn:

Finn and Kiplyn have some strong similarities. Cop custodians (for Finn, it’s his grandfather), built in frustrations due to a messy childhood, and Finn has definitely thrown fists before. Outside of school, he’d take fairly little prompting to get into a fist fight. Finn seems outwardly more chill, but he’s kept that frustration and fisticuffs in a little ball that is just waiting to explode.
So, basically, no matter how these guys get along, they’ve probably gotten into numerous fist fights.
Looking over things for Finn, I can definitely approve of them being bash buddies! Just because Kip might've broken Finn's nose, or Finn might've cut open Kip's cheek, doesn't mean they're gonna stop being friends.

(Plus, who knows if there'll be anyone else he can come close to relating to, he'll take what he can get)
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Rezariza Isa

Tyson probably ends up in a more neutral territory with her, having no reason to hate her and having little to draw him in.

K.K might not have similar interests, but both fairly chill and keeps to themselves. Similar thing about being open about the fact that they're a nerd, except they just like plants and think it's cool. Does that work? No idea, but at the very least they react positively towards her.

Bailey might not get too close to her, but at the very least if you were to ask him, he'd have little bad things to say.

Kiplyn Kaplan

Tyson has a bit of a temper as well, unfortunately that probably doesn't make things better. Tyson would very much prefer things don't get physical, but wouldn't be against throwing hands if he gets attacked first.

K.K would just prefer the two stay far away from each other.

Bailey is trying to get his act together, unfortunately this does not include his words and he might say something wrong that might slowly escalate into things getting worse over time. At the very least, he respects his guts, but also will fight back if attacked.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

CardboardAirplane wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:05 am Tyson probably ends up in a more neutral territory with her, having no reason to hate her and having little to draw him in.

K.K might not have similar interests, but both fairly chill and keeps to themselves. Similar thing about being open about the fact that they're a nerd, except they just like plants and think it's cool. Does that work? No idea, but at the very least they react positively towards her.

Bailey might not get too close to her, but at the very least if you were to ask him, he'd have little bad things to say.
I approve of all of these, with additional confirmation of K.K and Rezariza being friends - so long as they're willing to hear her out about video game lore or crazy anime stuff, she's more than happy to hear them talk about plants and stuff!
Tyson has a bit of a temper as well, unfortunately that probably doesn't make things better. Tyson would very much prefer things don't get physical, but wouldn't be against throwing hands if he gets attacked first.
Tyson might be one of the few people Kip hesitates to throw hands with despite him not doing anything he pointedly cares about. He might talk shit, but with what his own childhood was like, he can't say he blames the guy for liking animals more than people.

Still gonna fight verbally a bit, plus he'd never admit the last thing, probably just excuse him not physically fighting Tyson by saying he doesn't want to see him go feral or something.
K.K would just prefer the two stay far away from each other.
Sounds good to me, as far as Kip is concerned he forgets K.K even exists sometimes.
Bailey is trying to get his act together, unfortunately this does not include his words and he might say something wrong that might slowly escalate into things getting worse over time. At the very least, he respects his guts, but also will fight back if attacked.
Would like to give a counter suggestion here, as Bailey's background does provide some possibilities. While maybe not friends previously, I can see him as someone Kip once looked up to. An upperclassman that caused trouble and was always ready to talk shit with his classmates? Pretty cool in his book.

Then he started trying to reform, and it's like seeing an idol fall from grace. Straight up has probably said "You used to be cool, man." To his face. Just straight up disappointed vibes. They've definitely gotten in a fight or two, but it's mainly been to see if Bailey is still any good in them (that was Kip's reason for it, anyway).
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Another!

Rezariza?
Lk is here to talk about gaming, she is a gaming gamer. Might be a bit loud for her though? Unsure.

Hope is more a nerd of other realms but could probably be convinced to give anime a go, she's more capes than spiky hair but the similarities do exist... she's also probably more Rezariza's speed personality wise by the sounds of it.

If she's into RPGs, I may also suggest Artemis, but otherwise I wouldn't say they have much in common. Probably down to listen to her infodump though, Artemis strikes me as a person who likes to hear people talk about their passions, whatever they are.

Kiplyn!
I am a broken record but guess who doesn't like this guy that's right it's Heather. Mostly because she sees too much of the worst of herself in him and she doesn't like to see it. They can definitely fight, she can even do it in the ring if he wants to be official about it (and not be liable to get in trouble). Part of her probably wants to "fix" him though (jury's out on whether that's even desirable), not sure how I'd express that but it's an idea that crossed my mind.

I can picture Artemis admiring his art. Don't know if that results in any sort of connection, but I felt like noting it.

And Hope's big into baseball, maybe she's a relatively normal acquaintance/friend for him?

LK, Mercy, and Grace probably just give him a wide berth, I imagine.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

it gets tiring to set up all the quote stuff, I'm already stopping with that junk-

LK:
- Rezariza is down for a gaming buddy, though it's a bit more of a casual thing. She's used to extended length of talking, not extended volume. She'll be a semi-regular viewer for her streams, tho!
- Kip...was raised by crazy right wing parents for a good portion of his life. While not as outwardly hostile towards LK as you'd expect from that, he's definitely not normal about it. Probably has stared at her once or twice like he's struggling to understand something, also has avoided talking with her as much as possible, even if a situation means they should like a group project they were forced to be in together.

Hope:
- Honestly, Rezariza is fine if they don't have the exact same nerdy interest. She's happy to have anyone she can infodump with, and will happily be infodumped at right back! And super heroes are pretty cool, even if she mainly hears about them on the big screen rather than on paper. (Also she may or may not think her prosthetics are cool looking, ngl.)
- Kiplyn and Hope is...definitely an interesting one. In that she probably the one person Kip will refuse to fight physically. Outwardly he'll give an easy answer of 'The girl literally has metal hands, those are deadly weapons, are you fucking stupid?' type of thing, though he also debates internally whether or not it'd be fucked up to punch her if she didn't have the prosthetics. Whatever the case, he'll still be a bit crass when talking to her, but no more than anyone else. (Also be ready to be the one person to see him give a genuine happy smile, because he will love getting someone to talk baseball with)

Artemis:
- She's not big on tabletop, surprisingly, but she'll take a good RPG if she gets the chance! And Rezariza will absolutely infodump if given the chance, though do expect her to prompt Artemis to do the same right back for any books she's read or a more interesting RP session. If she talks a lot at someone and they don't talk a lot back, she feels like she talks too much and try to avoid doing it again in the future.
- Not really enough to get anything close to friend status in Kip's book, but complimenting his art once is enough to make him avoid actively insulting her, so take that however you will.

Heather:
- you were right to not say anything with Rezariza i got nothin' too
- Another fun one, I can definitely see a complicated relationship between these two. Kip would be very happy to step into a ring with Heather, even following the rules to make sure she trusts him enough to fight him again. While he may talk shit to her, it's weirdly more good natured? Or trying, anyway? Like ribbing that goes he doesn't realize goes just a bit too far. Some fun potential there that we can talk about more!

Mercy:
- At most, Kip's probably called her a rich bitch a few times, but their interactions have been few and far between ultimately.

Grace:
- Kip can respect the dedication she has to a sport. Other than that, he might've started rumors about Grace being a lesbian, but it's less out of malice and more stupidity.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Aloha

Marcy on Kiplyn: Can see her cheering Finn on whilst the two are brawlin', then being very confused about them respecting one another afterwards. "That's right, Finn! Kick his ass! Punch him right between the - Wait, why are you both shaking hands? God, men are weird..."

Koa on Rezariza: He'd be delighted to chat at length about shonen fighting anime with her. "Dude dude, did you see the preview for the next week's One Piece chapter?!? Awwww man!"
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

I never said I was a consistent person + it's only two kids right now it's my pregame relationships thread I MAKE THE RULES HERE-

...anyway...
Fiori wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 pm Aloha

Marcy on Kiplyn: Can see her cheering Finn on whilst the two are brawlin', then being very confused about them respecting one another afterwards. "That's right, Finn! Kick his ass! Punch him right between the - Wait, why are you both shaking hands? God, men are weird..."

Koa on Rezariza: He'd be delighted to chat at length about shonen fighting anime with her. "Dude dude, did you see the preview for the next week's One Piece chapter?!? Awwww man!"
Marcy is in a unique position where Kip has enough respect for her (due to her relationship with Finn) to not actively antagonize her, but not enough to like...interact with her otherwise? He kinda struggles to interact outside of fists or insults, so the most he's probably ever talked with her is like, non-verbal or one word responses. Weirder, but fun one!

(she doesn't get a monopoly on pink though he WILL HAVE PINK HAIR TOO AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RIP IT FROM THE ROOTS TO REMOVE IT-)

Koa and Rezariza, meanwhile? Yeah, those two are best buddies! Definitely talking shonen anime, and maybe other types of animation, if he'll allow it? There's good stuff out there and she will not hesitate to recommend it she thinks someone will like it.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Rezariza Isa

Okay, hear me out. Rezariza and Maggie are cartoon buddies and they love to blether about their favorite cartoons. Might be best friends, but I'll leave that up to you.

Keiko finds Rezariza overbearing and nerdy even for her, but on the whole, she's tolerable? I can see Rezariza thinking she's cute but again, that's up to you.

Kiplyn Kaplan

Skyla is the one trying to stop Finn or anyone from Beezlebub's gang from killing him. She doesn't like him and would rather avoid him at all costs. Kiplan probably hates her.

I think Murray punched Kiplyn after seeing him give someone grief. Probably would've been a hell of a brawl.

Keiko would want nothing to do with Kiplyn given his reputation.

Edwin just pities Kiplyn. Even a guy like him can realize that he got an awful hand at life and would genuinely try to help him out. Could be a fun oddball relationship if you want to go that route.

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”