Teddie Bear Tears

Mens' Toilet; open

The corridors in John Endecott Memorial Academy are trapped between two different eras, both of them antiquated. The walls of the building while having had restoration still match their original design from when the main school building was first constructed. The original wooden flooring of the corridors has worn away over the years and has since been replaced by new lacquered flooring that gets notoriously slippery when wet. The corridors themselves run around the outside edge of the original school building with the entrance to the classrooms being located on the interior side of the corridors themselves. Stairs to the first floor can be found at the back of the building while the newer connecting corridors to the more modern wings are located opposite. Lockers line the walls of the corridors and there is a running joke among the student body that lockers are assigned at random due to the allocations following no discernable pattern. One block of lockers can be in use by all grades within the school.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Somebody slamming against metal, like one of the stall walls or maybe doors. Yelling. More yelling, still more yelling. A girl coming out of the bathroom.

Yep. Hades decided he'd just... use the bathroom in the opposite hallway. What was another two-or-three minute walk?

Without daring so much as a peek inside, he choked up on the strap of his backpack and trudged down the hall.

((Hades enters... and leaves.))
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie sat on the toilet seat, still wishing it was strong enough to support him hugging his knees to his chest. The air was thick with electric tension after the yelling tirade. Holy fuck he’d forgotten how lively school could get.

He actually cracked a smile at the thought.

Guys shouting their lungs out in a bathroom, him going nuttybars over facemasks, Marshall doing whatever the hell passed for logic in Marshall’s head. It was the insanity of other people that high school was renowned for.

His smile shrank back into his face. He still shouldn’t have been laughing at any of this, especially since this was his fault to begin with.

He thought back to Robin’s face mask. Thought of Jessica’s too. It wasn’t even as if they were the only face masks he’d seen that morning, just the two most prominent. He knew why they upset him, because he didn’t want to be stuck in his bedroom forever again with no-one to talk to or be around, but they were still a fact of life. A horribly upsetting fact of life, but one that wasn’t going to just disappear overnight. The Pandemic wasn’t just going to disappear-

Holy fuck, he didn’t want to finish that thought right now.

He sniffed up his tears, wiping at his face with his sleeve. Between the panic and the crying and the fiasco in the bathroom before first period, he was all worried out at this point. Now he just wanted to go back to class and feel super self-conscious and hate himself in there. It was better than running back home. He probably wouldn’t learn anything, but no-one ever learned anything on the first day anyway.

He hoisted himself up off the toilet, gingerly reaching for the cubicle lock. He opened it, and of course Marshall was standing right there. He avoided looking in Robin’s direction, because Robin was still a massive prick.

“Could you, like…” he mumbled, speaking at the boisterous man in front of him, but having difficulty finding the words. “...could you just, leave me alone, please?”
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Marshall didn’t move back when Robin jabbed a finger at him and started shouting at him, though not before doing the same to everyone else in the bathroom. It scared Lorenza off, and Marshall couldn’t imagine it would have made Teddie feel any better.

“Lorenza was trying to help! And there’s no need to use that language regarding some valid emotions! And… and.”

Marshall noticeably struggled with his words after that, turning bright red in the face.

If it was just Robin, there might have been room for debate. Particularly with the rudeness he had expressed towards the other two. But he had driven Teddie to the cubicle in the first place. And regarding Marshall himself, Robin was only wrong in that the pandemic couldn’t be blamed for Marshall’s inadequacy.

Teddie had opened the door, in order to make it clear that Marshall was not helping the situation. Marshall didn’t like leaving situations unattended. It was in his nature to deal with things as immediately as possible. But it wasn’t helping here. He should have written a note, or left a chocolate bar on Teddie’s desk, or some other non-verbal apology.

“I’ll go. I… I apologize for...” Marshall tailed off, still pink in the face. It was difficult to tell if it was from anger from the shouting or embarrassment for the absolute mess he’d made of things. He turned his head away quickly, eyes just a little too shiny. “...for everything.” The apology was directed more at the air than either Teddie or Robin. His voice was also at what most would have called a normal volume, but that was abnormally quiet for Marshall.

Class was about to start, and he needed to leave and prepare. And give the other two room to do the same, since this… clearly wasn’t something he could fix right now. Marshall quickly turned tail and marched out of the bathroom, as he tried to steer his mind back onto the topic of studies.

((Marshall West continued in Pain Is Temporary, Quitting Is Forever.))
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Fucking finally.

A stillness, and a silence, fell over the bathroom as the door slammed shut after Marshall, hopefully hitting him on the ass on the way. It lasted for a couple of seconds, before it was replaced with the sound of a faucet being turned on, a manageable stream rather than a maximum-pressure blast.

Robin sighed, the noise muffled by his mask and the running water, shaking his head and looking at himself in the mirror above the sink. Fucking christ. He’d been here for, what, half an hour, and already this fresh restart to his school life was proving to be dumb as all hell. He really didn’t remember the majority of his classmates acting this insane before the lockdown; had a year of isolation really fucked them up that badly?

Ugh. He’d had a perfect night’s sleep the previous night, and now he could have sworn he had bags under his eyes. This confrontation had seriously fucking drained him.

He grabbed a handful of paper towels, muttering sour nothings under his breath as he dried his hands. Whatever. It was whatever, honestly. Give it a week or so, he’d probably forget this shit had ever happened, and even if he didn’t, it wasn’t as though he actively sought out Marshall to spend time with him, far fucking from it. Dude was louder and more of a pain in the ass than a hurricane. As for the others, Teddie was totally fine most of the time, something must have gotten to him bad today, and Lorenza…

Well, hopefully he could run into her again under less batshit circumstances. And more romantic locations than the dude’s toilets.

Robin chucked the wad of damp paper into the bin, then turned around to see that Teddie was still just kinda standing there, just in front of the cubicle he’d locked himself away in, which was kinda fucking odd. If Robin had been in his shoes, he’d have wanted to get away from the scene of the crime as fast as possible and act like it’d never happened. Was there something outside of the bathroom doors that was turning the guy’s knees to jello? At least he was in the right place if he felt like he was about to piss himself.

“You good, dude?” Robin asked, raising an eyebrow.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Yeah, um…”

Teddie continued avoiding eye contact with Robin. He acknowledged Marshall’s apology, but he didn’t really feel like accepting it right then and there. He was still feeling pretty worked up over the whole thing, and wasn’t exactly in the mood to forgive and forget just yet. Maybe later.

He knew Robin was expecting a response. He couldn’t just ignore him and walk off. Actually he could absolutely do that, and that would be the least confrontational route with the least risk of upsetting himself again.

But Robin was still a massive prick.

“Could you, like, go fuck yourself?”

He still didn’t make actual eye contact as he said it, and he regretted it on some level straight away, but he felt it needed saying.

“You were really rude to everyone, you know? So, yeah, fuck you.”
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Well fuck you too, you little bitch.

Robin simply stared at Teddie for several seconds, before rolling his eyes, not even making a cursory attempt at hiding the gesture. Because, seriously? That was what the dude had been hanging around in here for? To sling insults around? Christ, what a tool. Robin had tried to offer him a shoulder to lean on, in case he was legitimately going through something shitty, and he’d just had it thrown back in his face. Real fucking nice guy, seriously. He’d never had a problem with the guy up until now, but clearly he was way more of a little shit than he let on in public.

“Whatever, dude,” Robin said, shaking his head, walking past Teddie as he spoke. “You can think whatever the fuck you like. I wasn’t the one yelling like a goddamn lunatic or slamming my fists against the fucking stall doors though. And in a goddamn public bathroom too, Jesus fuck…”

He tutted from behind his mask, striding across to the bathroom door and pulling it open. He paused as he was about to step through, before turning back to look at Teddie, unable to resist getting in one last parting shot.

“If it really pisses you off that badly, though, why don’t you go cry about it some more? Seems like that’s what you’re best at anyhow.”

He flipped Teddie off, and left the bathroom, letting the door slam shut behind him. He shook his head once more as he walked away. Man. That shoulda felt satisfying, or something, but the whole encounter just left a bitter taste in his mouth. Teddie had always been a part of the popular crowd, effortlessly getting into the sorta events and parties that Robin had a nagging feeling he was only invited to cause he could actually drive. And you could call him Nostradamus here, cause he was damn certain he knew exactly what the fallout of this would be; somehow, the entire event would be placed onto his shoulders, that he had just randomly started yelling at the poor, innocent bastards in the guy’s bathroom. Teddie’s cry session and bitchfit would, mysteriously, never get brought up. And the status quo would be maintained, hoo-fuckin’-ray.

Ugh. It really felt like he was spinning his wheels half the time here, stuck in the gravel trap and desperately trying to integrate himself into the J.E. hierarchy while every little thing he did got fucking misinterpreted and manipulated. He’d been actually looking forwards to getting back to school, God knows why, and already he was sick to death of it before the first class had even started.

Whatever. Speaking of, he should probably head over there now, didn’t wanna be late on top of all the other bullshit he’d just had to slog through. He adjusted his mask slightly, making sure it was fully covering his nose, before heading off down the corridor.

((Robin Valenti continued elsewhere))
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Slam

Post by Slam »

Oh, wow. Um, ok.

It’s not like he was surprised by Robin’s response, because Teddie had told him to go fuck himself after all. But on the other hand, it was fucking rude and didn’t acknowledge any actual fault on his part. Also, he was making fun of him having an anxiety attack, which was a fucking dick move.

Teddie wiped at the tears on his face, moving over to wash his hands in the sink. Yeah, that was really not how he wanted to start his first day back. Christ.

He was the last to file out the bathroom, class on the horizon. He didn’t feel like he’d learn very much that day, but he wouldn’t forget the people he’d left hanging either. He’d have to resolve it later.

((Teddie Boyd continued elsewhere))

Return to “The Hallways”