Recycle

Just off the shore of the island, the partially submerged wreckage of an old, four-passenger propeller plane can be found. While most of its body is jutting out of the water, the tail is submerged and buried in sediment. Luckily for the adventurous, the cabin doors are still accessible and provide access inside the craft. The interior is also relatively intact, although it smells strongly of mold and rocks gently with any large waves or high winds.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Well, if… I’m getting you right? Then I’d say the last person who I saw talk about something similar… they ended up on an announcement not long after, and maybe that’s not a coincidence?”

Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn’t. All Molly knew is that Marian had declared an intent to fidget around with the collars of the dead, and had died from freezing to death apparently. Molly kind of wondered… maybe she had found something? Or maybe not. Maybemaybemaybe.

“Anyway, I think… if you do that… and if you succeed… that you might not get a chance to try it when it’s useful? Like… you have to gamble. It’s pretty scary, you know?”

She’d told Marian that it was a stupid plan, and she’d died like Molly knew she would. She’d left after trying to explain that, and Mitch had separated and died too. Marian was just a little ‘what if.’ Mitch hurt. Mitch hurt a lot.

“Also, uh, Trinity… I think if it was a scheme, he’d not open talking about corpses. That’s, like… too weird to fake, y’know? If I was going to trick someone, I’d probably be all… ‘oh no, help, my friend is hurt,’ or something like that?”

Molly looked at Norbert.

“Right?”

Then she looked at Lucio, who was still not speaking. Though… now that she listened… he was making noise. Just tiny, quiet sniffles.

“Riiiight? Hey… hey, Lúcio, you know what I mean, right?” Molly said, her tone forcefully bright as she moved closer to him. “Like… I bet you’d come up with a better story, if this was a scheme~”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Namira

Post by Namira »

In-ter-esting.

Not subtle, but interesting.

Norbert shifted a little. That little stunt with his balance had set his knee to aching, and he sort of wanted to sit down.

He also sort of, well, did not. Things had happened since he left that group earlier, and if he stopped to rest, then he would start thinking about them. He'd left, and then-

On task. On task. There were too many people around to let his focus stray. Alexander was planning something, and his evasiveness made the odds very good that it was with a similar agenda to his own. Unfortunately by vocalising literally at all, he'd likely already put a significant dent in his chances. This was why Norbert had been so cagy.

Drowning. What a way to go. Even if the... body had come back ashore, it wasn't the type of study that Norbert needed. Darn it. Where had been dangerzones. Whose collars had gone? He needed to be better about this. Scavenging the plane was always an outside shot.

Molly was prodding at him for a reassurance. He nodded slowly. "Regardless, if nobody has seen her, nobody has seen her, so a scheme couldn't even happen anyway."
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Lúcio huffed and sighed at Molly's prodding.

He couldn't be mad at her. She could probably tell he was upset.

Lazily, he turned his head back into the conversation, looking at Alexander.

"Molly's right," he said, uncharacteristically dour. "I could've come up with a better cover story than that. Frankly, I think you should've. We can tell what you want to do, man. And if we can, don't you think someone else can too?"

He rolled his neck, stiff from the cold. There had to be a way out. Not like this though, not so obvious.

"Do what you're gonna do. Don't let me stop you, but I think you should be smarter than that. I don't want to walk away from here, and then hear your name read out the next morning."

There had been enough grief and regret already for one lifetime.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Alexander scowled. To slight surprise, they had understood; then again, he had practically spelled it out for them. To his continued frustration, though, they had rejected his words utterly. He had expected some amount of skepticism, of course, but this was not some amount. This reaction, by his account, was unanimity.

None of them believed in him. Some did not trust him, and others did not trust his methods. His eyes went cold. That had been his best attempt to rouse them with his words, and the only reaction he received was endothermic. It would have been a deception to act as though he was not disappointed by this frigid and forlorn reply.

He had to try, at least—a cursory effort to sway them to his side once more. A second chance that they would never take. But he had to try. He looked back at the plane into its cabin. The cold ocean still lapped at his feet, and a deep chill ran up his spine as if from the water. Then, he looked back at them, face severe and rigid.

"You have all the puzzle pieces already," he said, looking at Trinity. "I cannot say more than that. I understand if you do not trust me, but please, consider it further." His words were almost a plea. "Look at all the evidence and weigh it. I have not killed, and you know that—why would I start now? My motivations are entirely just."

"I don't think I have a choice to the contrary," he stated flatly, his eyes now on the siblings. "It is a gamble, and, yes, it is true; the odds are slim. But so too are they if we do not act. Do you think that you stand a chance otherwise? Are you willing to idly wait for the reaper to come? It is unlikely, but it is the only option we have left."

Alexander's face turned grim, angular features framed by harsh, long shadows. "And, yes, you are right. It is possible that, in the process, I will meet my end. I accepted that a long time ago." One last chance to make them understand. "I would rather die on my feet than my knees, and I would rather stare death in the face as I did."

Then, he turned his face away and down towards the ground. His hand came to rest on the side of the plane again. The glint of the sun reflected on the clear ocean water, sparkling. "I will take my leave and continue my search. If you want to follow along, I am glad for it. But it is your choice, and I will not judge you if you do otherwise."

And then, he turned towards the beach, to the unknown, where the object of his quest must have been. And he stepped forward and began to walk away from the plane, an entity that once served to keep his dreams aloft. If the others chose to add the sound of their footsteps to his, a chorus, he would lead them. If not, then he had tried.

And that was all he could do.

S061: ALEXANDER HAWTHORNE — CONTINUED IN "A Matter of Time"
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Melodramatic bastard.

Trinity let out a derisive snort - intentional this time - as Alexander left the group alone, almost as soon as he had joined them. Not the world’s greatest loss, as far as she was concerned. And no, she did not think she would be following along after him, thank you very much. Whilst she… reluctantly had to admit that the others were probably correct, and that his intentions were likely pure, there was still no guarantee of that being fact.

If he required a corpse, and he couldn’t find Ingrid’s before too long, then hell, what was stopping him from creating one of his very own? No, Alexander, she did not know for a fact that you had not killed, because she knew far far better than to trust words with no evidence - from someone she’d had no visibility of for the past four days - and statements made by the duplicitous assholes who’d trapped them out here in the first place.

But if the others were correct - and the evidence did seem to be pointing that way - then… sorry, but no, the answer remained the same to the ‘follow me’ offer. It seemed as though herself and Alexander both saw the importance of keeping their cards close to their chest, but whereas she was trying her level best to prevent her fellow captives from seeing anything more than the bare minimum of what she was planning, he seemed to be prioritising keeping his plan hidden from the terrorists instead. You know; the ones who had full visibility of the island, 24/7? If he wanted that to happen, he couldn’t let slip a word to anybody; he was trying to have his cake and eat it too, let others know what his goal was, and-

Okay, there really wasn’t any need to keep dancing around this elephant in the room, was there? She knew what it was, everyone here knew what it was, goddamned Danya knew what it was at this point, Alexander wanted to try and escape or get out of this game without having to be the last person standing or something like that. That was it. They’d all figured it out! No point beating around the fucking bush in her own goddamn mind, was there?

And that was the worst part about being so downbeat about his whole plan, because - and look, she was keeping this inside of her own head, where nobody else could see - she wanted, more than anything, for there to be some way of escape from this place, if she could engineer a safe exit without having to put herself or anybody else in harm’s way then she was going to take it. She had a gut instinct how this endeavour would turn out, but if there was even a fraction of a chance that she would find something in this plane that just needed a bit of elbow grease and spit to start working again, then she wasn't about to turn it down.

And look. In a few days time, if she bumped into Alexander again, with his collar off, or with a makeshift coracle or rickety radio, she would help him out in a heartbeat. But he seemed fully prepared for the idea that his plan would fail. He seemed almost ready for the fact that his neck could shred into pieces at any moment. That just wasn’t something Trinity could accept. If you weren’t 100% confident in your plans, then she wasn’t either.

“Right. Anyway,” she said, once Alexander had stepped out of earshot. She cast an eye over the group for a moment. All of them seemed to be in a decent state, currently. Lucio had found his voice once more. She wondered, for a moment, whether any of them would take up the offer despite their vocal misgivings.

“As I was asking before, I wanted to know whether any of you had taken a look around in there already.”

A jab towards the beached plane with her spear. As if there was anything else on this beach worth spending time on.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

And Alexander was gone again. If Molly heard his name on the announcements in the next couple of days, she wouldn’t be surprised. Just like Marian all over again. She wanted an escape too, but she’d also take a 1% chance of winning the game over an escape plan that had 0% chance of working.

Well… maybe 2% chance if she counted Lúcio as well.

She reached out and gave Lúcio a pat on the shoulder. “We did what we could. Can’t do more than that, you know?”

Like it would fix anything. But she had to look at the upside, if Lúcio wasn’t going to do it for her.

She turned back to Trinity, hands swinging out a little as she rocked back and forth idly, like nothing in the world was bothering her. “Oh, the plane’s what you wanted to investigate? I don’t know much about planes, so I wouldn’t be able to tell. Coach thinks it’d be more trouble than it’s worth, though.” She nodded her head towards Norbert. “Probably knows better than me?”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
[+] V9

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

There he went, off to die like the rest. For a moment, Lúcio considered catching up and stopping him, telling him there was a better, more careful way. A few days ago, he would have, but today wasn't that kind of day. He barely had the energy to handle his own problems, much less someone else's.

He sighed, and without waiting for confirmation from Molly, turned on his heel and began walking away from the group. Unzipping his bag, he pulled out his map, the paper already worn around the edges. Where had they not searched for Aracelis? She was still out there, and unlike a lot of the rest, hadn't continued to kill beyond her first. He had to find her. That was the only hope he still had to cling to.

"You and Norbert have fun with the plane, Trinity," he called back to them. "Molly and I are going."

Normally, he didn't like to dictate what his sister did, but he was finished with this farce. Better to ask forgiveness than permission when you don't want to be somewhere.

((And so he left, a man on a mission.))
Namira

Post by Namira »

And Alex walked away.

The speech was a good one. The problem remained that it was a speech.

Norbert wasn't an idiot, talking to other people would be a requirement at some point down the line. Nobody would be able to pull off breaking out of this place alone, or even just busting up the collars. However, the thing about all of that was attention. Norbert didn't want to say that it all boiled down to attention, just, logically speaking, the more you spoke about aiming to get out, the more focus you'd pull towards you. He wouldn't be that surprised if they had some kind of program running that could pull out specific words and flag them.

So... yeah. Norbert was intrigued and all, but his thought was that Alexander wasn't making the correct play.

Norbert cast around at the others, and nodded in reply to Molly's comment.

"This little guy has been downed for a while. It's partway buried and the sea is all up in its business." He gestured towards the plane. "I haven't actually been inside, but I think it's pretty unlikely that anything isn't corroded as all hell, and with this-" He tapped his knee brace. "I felt like it wasn't going to be worth the effort. Have to be smart about exerting myself, you know?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Hmph. Had Lucio always secretly been this rude?

He had always portrayed himself as this… beacon of positive energy and good feelings back at school, a positive army of friends who seemed to feel the same way, following after him through the corridors and across the school grounds. Now, though, after seemingly finally finding his voice, he’d been acting much more of a… well, a little brat, for lack of a better term. His criticisms of Alexander’s speech had been, verbally, even more harsh than her own, and now he was dictating his sister’s actions as though he had sole control over them?

Either he was usually a lot better at masking his true intentions, or this island had done a particularly vicious number on him. And Trinity needed no reminding that her own first actions out here had been to scream at the top of her lungs like some paranoid banshee.

Well, whatever. He was leaving now, and if this was how he was going to behave from this point onwards, then good riddance, she said. He, certainly, would not be among the very very scant few people that she had any inclination of wanting to see again. It seemed as though she’d have to find a different exit to the beach, however, or wait until the siblings were well on their way to who-cares-where. The miniscule flicker of hope generated by the plane seemed to have been well and truly snuffed out.

“Eugh. Oh, of course, I figured that would be the case.”

Trinity glowered, and kicked up a small cloud of sand, a petty act that didn’t even begin to make her feel better for a moment.

“You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true. I don’t even want to know how long that thing’s been submerged for.”

She was still sorely tempted to rootle around inside the plane, even with the warnings provided. Norbert’s justification for not doing so himself was sound; clambering around inside a tight, cramped space, wth a leg that was already liable to failure, sounded like a self-inflicted death sentence. She just… needed to be absolutely certain that the coastline had nothing remaining for her. This plane was practically her last resort. She’d seen the state of that radio shack she’d been camping out in previously; anything that looked even vaguely promising, frozen over, unblinking, dead. Useless. She didn’t have time to scour every last corner of every other building on this forsaken island. Especially not if she’d find the same answer inside every room.

“I doubt that our captives would leave behind anything functional, anyway, would they? This isn’t exactly an amateur operation. They’re not just going to leave an… escape pod, or whatever, lying around.”

She already knew what she thought. Maybe getting confirmation from an outside source would be enough. Maybe that would push her to seeking another form of egress.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Eh? We’re going?” Molly called out after Lúcio.

Lúcio was being fucking weird, that was for sure. Why he’d hit this specific level of depression? Maybe a lack of Aracelis? She wondered why he’d been so positive about trying to approach Shu, and gotten so down about the ones that weren’t being girlfriend-murdering freaks.

She lingered back enough to see if the conversation was going anywhere that might lead to something more, but no… they had as little idea as anyone else, or they were being real good at hiding it. It could be either. But she couldn’t linger around them when Lúcio was already heading off down the beach. If he got out of sight…

“Well, you guys got this handled! Sorry about Lúcio, he probably slept in a bad position or something.” Molly waved. “Good luck with the plane! Or whatever! Rooting for you!” She pumped one fist into the air, trying to maintain an air of positivity to fill the negative void. “Hooah, hooah! Byeee~”

She ran off after her brother down the beach.

((Molly Oliveira continued in Our Conversations.))
[+] V8

[+] V9

Namira

Post by Namira »

Oh, uh, darn. Norbert missed Lúcio looking to bail, and he made a double take when Molly suddenly called out.

"Uh, later!" He hastily waved back at Molly, trying not to grimace. That felt like a missed opportunity, though joining up with the siblings would have had its cons. Molly was definitely the type to blurt out the wrong thing at the wrong moment. On the other hand, he'd barely managed one step down this road yet. He couldn't keep passing up every opportunity.

He turned his attention to Trinity, suddenly his only companion. Yes, she could be abrasive. Yes, she wasn't the hardiest. She was also smart, and smart in ways that Norbert wasn't. Plus, when it came to the physical, well, this brace wasn't for show. He was carrying a much more severe handicap than anything Trinity had on display.

She seemed to agree with his assessment of the wreck. That was a start. Norbert ran a hand through his hair, sort of regretted it. Euch. Grease. "Sure would be convenient, but you're right."

He weighed it up. Trusting the wrong person was going to get him killed. In his absence at the lodge, someone that Norbert thought was trustworthy had broken those bonds. Now, Ashlee was dead. He once again pushed past the urge to speculate, to allow himself to dwell in the guilt, and continued the trail of thought. Maybe that betrayal, whichever quarter it came from, proved the opposite of what you'd naturally start believing. The trust from back home wasn't reliable, maybe not shattered, but dented. So... rely on people that showed that they were reliable. Offer a little trust, and see what came back in return.

Alright. He'd made up his mind.

"So, this is a bust. Want to get out of the open? Maybe we can help each other out, compare notes over where we've been and all. Someplace drier."

Offer...
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Logic, reason, and her own well stated and oft repeated mantra of ‘Trust everyone as far as you can throw them’ suggested that Trinity should have taken one glance at Norbert’s offer, told him exactly where he could shove it, and then made her own rapid departure - and if that meant retracing her steps and returning back into the woods, then so be it.

But she lingered, longer than could be explained away as simple politeness or mere indecision. And in that small timeframe, she realised she wouldn’t be leaving the beach alone, now.

She was irritated at herself for it, honestly. Rightfully pissed off, actually, like for god’s sake, it was an embarrassing lack of conviction on her part. The first sign of human life since she’d come to her realisation about the truth of this game, the nature of the announcements, and she was already scuffing out the lines she’d drawn in the sand, making compromises as soon as it suited her.

At least it could serve as proof that, no, she was not ready to take one step further, in her aim to leave this island in one piece. Not yet, anyway.

And, perhaps, she wouldn’t need to be ready. Norbert had been vague with his pitch - talking about ‘comparing notes’, ‘helping each other out’, and nothing more extensive than that - but she got the sense that was being done intentionally so. One reason why she was giving him a shot when she had dismissed Alexander out of hand. It also didn’t hurt that Norbert was… tolerable. Less chance of making her want to blow her own brains out via his mere presence than most. The physical strength, too, she felt as though that would be beneficial; busted knee or not, he was without question several classes above Trinity in that regard.

“Hmm.”

There was a certain look in his eyes, one that silently conveyed the words which Alexander had spoken out loud.

“Alright.”

And one which suggested confidence in success, rather than preparation for inevitable failure.

Even so, this would not be an allyship, and certainly would never evolve to a friendship either. She hadn’t forgotten her own tenets, much as it may have seemed. The fact that Norbert didn’t appear to have a weapon on his person meant nothing; there were plenty of harmful objects that could fit inside a pocket or bag. A call for collaboration could just as easily be a ploy to lower one’s sense of security.

No chance of that happening. Trinity was going to keep Norbert at arm’s - or polearm’s - length at all times. No matter what.

“Feel free to lead the way, then.”
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Namira

Post by Namira »

...and response.

Norbert couldn't help a smile from breaking out over his face. Hope aside, he wasn't certain that Trinity would take him up on it. Finally, something tangible and real. He owed the crashed plane an apology; it had given him some progress after all.

"Great! Great. Hold on a sec." He limped his way across to her. Out here wasn't the best place to start, but he could at least help her gears begin to turn a bit. He'd stuck his spraycan through a loop in his pack earlier, and he took a moment to shift around enough to flash the can towards Trinity.

"Kay, let's mosey," he added.

Still had one very grim task ahead of him. Still needed to inspect another destroyed collar.

Steel yourself, Coach.

(continued elsewhere)
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Norbert started hobbling towards her. Her fingers instantly tightened around the haft of the spear. Slowly, as he drew nearer and nearer, her stance changed, her already-rigid posture becoming ever more tense and tightly-wound, the polearm slowly rotating down until she was certain she could clock him upside the head if he tried anything sudden.

Had the pendulum swung again? Was she going to be forced into enacting her original plan, the moment she had admitted she might not be ready for it? She supposed that was the rub of the draw. Could you ever truly be prepared? And if that statement was a guaranteed truth, would you be able to follow through regardless?

She wouldn’t be discovering those answers right at this moment, as it turned out. Norbert was moving too slowly to be a threat. His hands weren’t located near his pockets (in… whatever this ensemble was supposed to be), or with easy access to any bag compartments. He was just shuffling around instead, as though he was trying to adjust the straps on his backpack, or scuff dirt off of his shoe. The frown glued to Trinity’s face only deepened.

She saw it then. The object that he had been trying to draw her attention to. Her eyes narrowed. Then shot wide open in understanding.

Yeah. Yes, this could be a catalyst, without a shadow of a doubt. An entire plane to the left of them, a miracle of modern engineering, and her would-be-salvation had instead been in the side-pocket of someone’s rucksack this entire time.

“Of course. I’ll be right behind you.”

She didn’t have any regrets over her actions, though, her willingness to retaliate the moment she saw a threat on the horizon. Complacency meant death. You could play the longest of long games, as long as you had someone in your court. There would not be an opportunity to let her guard down again, that was for damn sure.

She let Norbert walk ahead, until there was just under the depth of a spear thrust between them. Then she followed, eyes firmly fixed on the spraycan as it bounced and jostled with each movement, mind, as it ever was, churning away for eternity.

((Trinity Ashmore continued in Clarification))
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser

Return to “Downed Plane (DANGER ZONE)”